Lake Titicaca

I know what you mean about trying to come across as a confident pro on stage and having it fail, but I still think this guy was smarmy about his gameboy hobby...smmmmmaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy....and greasy.

it was exactly like the video linked here ^ (under the .gif...sorry i dont quite know how to embed youtube videos yet so i just link them with url)

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Jun 29, 2016 12:42 am)

ohio gozaimasu

19 and conceited af rolling in ay

NC in the US of America
[youtube]pIWxgGrVaAQ[/youtube]
Lake Titicaca

the url kept coming back..   
ok, nice.. thanks

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Jun 29, 2016 12:43 am)

Panda Chan wrote:

Being 19, it's safe to say I'm probably one of the oldest and most conceited members in the chiptune community. Others try to be as conceited as me, but I pull it off way better.

Hey there little chiller, I'm 32 years old. And I still make chiptunes. All you young whipper snappers ain't got nothin'!...

LOL Just kidding!

Actually, every-time I go on SoundCloud, some artist out there ends up humbling me with their superior skills. Sometimes I lack confidence, other times, I don't care, and just simply enjoy bringing to life the music that's in my head.

I always try to acknowledge other people's strengths, while also giving them constructive advice on how they can get better (if necessary). I am a Christian though, so that contributes to me striving to be more humble in my approach to music and people... although, I still have a long way to go, and much self to die to.

[Romans 12:3 - For by the grace given to me, I tell everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he should think. Instead, think sensibly, as God has distributed a measure of faith to each one.]

I believe this website is an outlet for lots of talented chiptune artists... many with skill that far surpasses my own in terms of music and motivation.

Solar System

I am 34...

Melbourne, Australia
marcb0t wrote:
Panda Chan wrote:

Being 19, it's safe to say I'm probably one of the oldest and most conceited members in the chiptune community. Others try to be as conceited as me, but I pull it off way better.

Hey there little chiller, I'm 32 years old. And I still make chiptunes. All you young whipper snappers ain't got nothin'!...

LOL Just kidding!

Actually, every-time I go on SoundCloud, some artist out there ends up humbling me with their superior skills. Sometimes I lack confidence, other times, I don't care, and just simply enjoy bringing to life the music that's in my head.

I always try to acknowledge other people's strengths, while also giving them constructive advice on how they can get better (if necessary). I am a Christian though, so that contributes to me striving to be more humble in my approach to music and people... although, I still have a long way to go, and much self to die to.

[Romans 12:3 - For by the grace given to me, I tell everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he should think. Instead, think sensibly, as God has distributed a measure of faith to each one.]

I believe this website is an outlet for lots of talented chiptune artists... many with skill that far surpasses my own in terms of music and motivation.

I will clarify, that was a sarcastic comment, I'm definitely not anywhere near the older age of the scene, but I'm also not the youngest, and I don't think I'm conceited. I thought I should also add that I am one of those people who dances around on stage and enjoy my music a lot, and personally, I don't really care what other people think of my music when I play, but I don't believe that people have to enjoy my music, and I don't mind if they don't. Also, someone can enjoy their own music without thinking it's good. I enjoy my music but I listen to other artists who blow my mind and accept that I'm nowhere near that level, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy. Everyone has to enjoy their own music, otherwise they wouldn't be able to know what sounds good and what doesn't. If you don't enjoy your music, what's the point? I also dance around a lot and hype things up because if I'm dancing like a fool, others are more inclined to join in.

That said, I am always open to criticism and other peoples thoughts. I may not necessarily take all of them on board, as everything is personal taste, but I will listen. Also, if asked I will give constructive criticism, but again, specify that it's all personal taste, and just suggest things that could work well with their idea, and never suggest anything that would take away from their own ideas.

Anyway... </2cents>

Lake Titicaca

A christian eh? You should give this guy some instrumentals. Im pretty sure he'd be up for it.

Im not a christian, but to me, this song is pretty catchy and stuck in my head.

JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

A christian eh? You should give this guy some instrumentals. Im pretty sure he'd be up for it.

Im not a christian, but to me, this song is pretty catchy and stuck in my head.

Hi JaffaCakeMexica,

Actually, that sounds pretty cool. I like this song you linked. So smooth, jazzy, and modern. Thank you!

Although, I'm not sure if I'm quite good enough to quickly make an instrumental cover right now. But, I will put it in my to do list for the future.

Thanks again,
See ya around!

Lake Titicaca

I am 35 but I'm not actually conceited.

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Jun 29, 2016 9:44 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA

I thought that the way it works is that you think the world owes you a living when you're younger and then when you're older you chill out and you're happy just being yourself.

Bonn, Germany

i lost track of this site a couple weeks ago. threads like this one were the reason for it, and as it seems it isn't going to be better soon hmm

Melbourne, Australia

there's just a few users that are the source of this sort of stuff tbh but they are very vocal

Lake Titicaca

Thats the problem. A lot of badminded people tend to be very vocal and get themselves heard, while humble nice people tend to have a smaller voice and dont get heard...it like that saying fools rush in where wise men fear to tread.

IL, US

i think this topic has yielded what very little useful information it ever could have, so its closing time