Unsubscribe
Timbob wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

My gripe with little fm is that it default boots into the little FM menu, is there a way around that? Because yea otherwise its perfect.

Ah well, one B press is worth the 7 extra saves, me thinks smile

YOU WRONG

Sweeeeeeden
Kris k wrote:

is littlefm pretty stable these days? i had it totally mess up one of my saves a while back and i'd rather not go through that again...

Did you report this when it happened? I'm always looking to improve the program.

herr_prof wrote:

My gripe with little fm is that it default boots into the little FM menu, is there a way around that? Because yea otherwise its perfect.

Same with this, why didn't you do a feature request to the dork who made it?

Boise, ID

I have found EMS carts to be occasionally unreliable. I even have one that corrupts any .sav I flash to it. (yes with fresh battery)
I'd like to get some DnD's but whenever I have money they're out of stock. /:

Last edited by ShintarouMusic (Jul 22, 2016 4:49 am)

BK
nitro2k01 wrote:

Did you report this when it happened? I'm always looking to improve the program.

i don't believe it did, it was back in 2013. sorry, I should have done so.

Unsubscribe
nitro2k01 wrote:
Kris k wrote:

is littlefm pretty stable these days? i had it totally mess up one of my saves a while back and i'd rather not go through that again...

herr_prof wrote:

Same with this, why didn't you do a feature request to the dork who made it?

I thought I did gripe about it in the OT, maybe I just DREAMT IT.

Naptown

nitro since you're in this thread, are you still planning to add song saving to the current project in littleFM? as well as some of the other features?

to answer the question, littleFM makes the DnD rock really hard because you can save all those extra projects. both are great carts though.

Sweeeeeeden
urbster1 wrote:

nitro since you're in this thread, are you still planning to add song saving to the current project in littleFM? as well as some of the other features?

I might do this at some point, but I don't consider very important. Let me explain. One of the main goals of littleFM is increased data security. That's why it has flash saving. Apart from expanding the memory, it also serves as non-volatile backup if the cart battery should fail. That's why the load function has strict error checking, and will abort loading the file if it finds any errors. Errors that would go undetected with the regular file manager. (Side note: LSDj did add some sort of error detection on song load just two weeks ago, but I haven't had time to look at exactly what it does.)
I don't see any similar benefit from adding song saving. It would mostly only make song saving faster. (3 seconds to save a typical song probably isn't unrealistic as a goal.) That is not to say I will never implement it, just that it doesn't obviously have as much benefit as the current existing functionality.

Naptown

thanks your your reply smile
if I could provide my input, I would just like to say that "only" making song saving faster would actually be a very useful feature that would really improve workflow, as saving songs can take quite a while. especially the longer and more complex they get. it gets to be quite a drag when you're trying to finish something. although maybe this is just me speaking of my own personal problem of wanting to save too frequently. smile

East Coast USA

So whats the difference between these carts and the Everdrive GB? It seems like being able to store thousands of games on a cart would be more worth the money than being able to hold just one.

Naptown

from here:

LSDJ works on the Everdrive GB, however, its only downfall is that due to how save game files are handled, you’re limited to creating one song at a time on the device.

Whereas with DnD + LittleFM you can store 8 projects (savs) that can each hold potentially a dozen + songs

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
urbster1 wrote:

from here:

LSDJ works on the Everdrive GB, however, its only downfall is that due to how save game files are handled, you’re limited to creating one song at a time on the device.

Whereas with DnD + LittleFM you can store 8 projects (savs) that can each hold potentially a dozen + songs

Not to mention, the Everdrive still has a battery in it... You're not going to ever have to deal with data failure due to a battery failure with a DnD.

If the battery fails in an EMS your work is gone so backing up regularly is wise, but I trust the EMS because I've been working with them for a while, the flashing software is easy to use, and they have not once crashed or failed on me. I've never had my hands on a derp cart but if it's truly drag n drop for roms and saves, it is then spending more money for more convenience no? I'm happy with the EMS carts myself anyway smile

the derp is great is you work on lots of songs at the same time.
with LittleFM, you can easily switch between different .sav

Australia

My SD cart can have hundreds of .sav's on the cart, conveniently loaded/saved to a micro SD card. ~2 seconds to swap out an entire 128k save file from the SD card. No reason not to backup your work, it's only a button press away when you turn your GB on so the flat battery argument isn't really valid anymore. Swapping out ROM's is just as easy.

Unsubscribe

Yea but i only want ONE rom and one sav and NO MENUS. When im live I just want to run the set without barely looking at the gameboy. For reliability, and data safety and ease of use, I cant speak higher of the derp.

Unsubscribe

double!

Last edited by herr_prof (Jul 26, 2016 3:20 pm)