Melbourne, Australia

Glad to hear of more progress for this!!

CountSymphoniC wrote:

Still thinking of ways to make FM instrument patch creation more fun and user friendly. Ideas welcome!

Honestly, I don't mind FM editing the way it is, because it may not be easy but it gives you the depth that you need in instrument editing. It's like the tracker maxYMiser, it was super hard to get into because the UI is pretty crazy, but once you get over that steep learning curve it really does give you all the intricacies you could want. Just my opinion though.

Dublin, Ireland

Oh man that is so good to hear you're back on it. Best of luck man and I'm super excited.

Pst if you want some gloomy tunes testdriveing at any point *nudge* wink

Hastings, East Sussex, UK

I really wanna try this program. tracking on a Mega Drive would be so cool! heart

Hastings, East Sussex, UK

Good to hear you're back on track with the program though! heart

CountSymphoniC, thank you for doing what you do as much as you can! I wish all the best at your work and in your family!

Anyone willing to work on an approximation of a General MIDI YM2612 patch set should PM me.
Chaos Tracker needs 127 General MIDI compatible presets.

These will be customizable in the program and should sound as close as FM can get to the real instruments.
We'll also need GM percussion samples but that won't be added til much later.

In other news, development for NTSC and PAL consoles is happening at the same time. Last time was NTSC only. This will be an international ROM.

Double post

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Mar 15, 2016 3:49 pm)

I'v been making some tunes with orchestral instruments using YM2612 VST and FLstudio for my youtube ch It will be fun to try and recreate them on hardware when this is done!! heres a link to my ch if anyone want to check them out smile
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqoMuY … zMOYQk4pcw

New York, New York

CountSymphoniC can I message you about the way I want my name displayed in the options menu?

Is this project dead?

Earth

Well, considering Count Symphonic had been planning and working on this for years now, with huge gaps of radio silence, I'd say no. He's just doing this in his free time, so be patient.

breakphase wrote:

Well, considering Count Symphonic had been planning and working on this for years now, with huge gaps of radio silence, I'd say no. He's just doing this in his free time, so be patient.

Okay, thanks for the reply.

Is this the only forum where the team post about this project?

Honestly, now that I have a full time job and a son to take care of, I haven't got much done. I'd like to chip away at the project but it'll never get done without help from other devs. It's now open source and you can find the link here https://github.com/LeviathaninWaves/Cha … ee/master/ or on the first post of this thread. It's not useable for music making, the project needs a bit organizing, but hey, it's a start.

Earth

Cool! Totally understand. Thanks for releasing the source, it looks like a good contribution to the cause.

France

yeah, that's cool. Another brick in the open source movement!

Milwaukee, WI

So has anyone actually tried the old prodigy ROM on hardware? I'm getting a black screen with a single white bar for number entry on a Nomad with Mega Everdrive x3.

What's the last known working version of YMDJ/Prodigy/Chaos on hardware?