Los Angeles

Arduinoboy 1.3.0 Released

Ardunioboy 1.3.0 Features
- Added support for Teensy 3.X & LC (LC needs a logic level shifter for 3 to 5v)
- Added support for Teensy USB MIDI
- Reworked LSDJ MIDI Map mode. More stable, more better. Requires LSDJ Arduinoboy version 4.7.8

https://github.com/trash80/arduinoboy/releases

New LSDJ Arduinoboy version 4.7.8
- Includes all recent updates from the official LSDJ release
- Removed LIVEMAP mode because...
- Reworked SYNCMAP mode - more stable, renamed to "MI. MAP" ("MIDIOUT" has also been renamed to "MI. OUT")
- Added song row display text on LSDJ song view to indicate the MIDI note number the current highlighted row is mapped to.
  On receiving messages it indicates the row number Arduinoboy has called.
- Special note: You'll need to adjust your SYNC settings in the project window since LSDJ now includes Analog sync modes.

http://littlesounddj.com/lsd/latest/full_version/

You can check out this quick video of the reworked MIDI MAP mode here:
https://www.facebook.com/trash80/videos … 848338423/

Michigan

First!

NUMBSKULL

trash80, you're my hero. Serious hacking skills, but more importantly you actually deliver. And when you deliver, it's free and open source. Thanks a lot for your work.

Baja California

you're the best!

sweden

YES!!

Sweden

This is awesome! I'll have to try the Teensy for USB MIDI. Thanks alot for keeping developing this great project!

Trash80 could a DMG send an audio pulse from the noise channel, out a prosound jack into aboy if I added a 1/8th jack to aboy? Aboy could average the click track every two, then convert it to midi clock, and send it with the other midi info.

I think I found a hardware fix and I'm waiting on it to arrive, but it would be nice to just use arduino boy.

brooklyn, NY

Very cool.   I loaded the new versions last weekend. 

Anyone else having trouble connection to the editor?     It seems to send info, but never really "connects' and doesnt load the current setting.   I have to enter all the channels, cc #'s   etc each time ....always displays default.   using a Mac and MOTU ultralite MK3  interface.   previous versions worked perfectly.

Unsubscribe

Tim uploaded a fixed version of maxpat to handle this, can you download and try again?

https://github.com/trash80/Arduinoboy/t … ter/Editor

brooklyn, NY

bingo.   that one must have gone up just moments after i downloaded the original.

thanks

Los Angeles

Yeah, my bad. I forgot that I actually verify version numbers using sysex and never updated the editor. smile

Naptown

i am a noob, does anyone know if it's possible to update the arduinoboy from thursdaycustoms?

Unsubscribe
urbster1 wrote:

i am a noob, does anyone know if it's possible to update the arduinoboy from thursdaycustoms?

on mine you have the unsoldered pins you can hook a FTDI cable up to. Fwiw you dont need to update the code to use the same old modes.

London

Sorry to bump this. Has anyone tried this with the Teensy LC?

I've been getting this error when compiling.

Error: lo register required -- `sub ip,#1'

8-BrickDMG wrote:

I wanted to try it out since I had a Teensy LC on hand, but I got the error as well. This would be great for cutting cost, size, and parts down quite a bit, though. All you really need is a link cable and the mcu.

Tempted to pick up a 3.2, but it'd be great to see it working on the LC!

Edit: I have a curse where I post on a forum about a problem and fix it myself within 5 minutes. It's convenient but makes me look like an idiot tongue

It compiled fine using 48MHz (optimized) for CPU speed. Make sure you set your USB Type as MIDI as well!

edit edit: logic level shifter too

Last edited by thnikk (Oct 16, 2016 11:31 pm)

London
thnikk wrote:
8-BrickDMG wrote:

I wanted to try it out since I had a Teensy LC on hand, but I got the error as well. This would be great for cutting cost, size, and parts down quite a bit, though. All you really need is a link cable and the mcu.

Tempted to pick up a 3.2, but it'd be great to see it working on the LC!

Edit: I have a curse where I post on a forum about a problem and fix it myself within 5 minutes. It's convenient but makes me look like an idiot tongue

It compiled fine using 48MHz (optimized) for CPU speed. Make sure you set your USB Type as MIDI as well!

edit edit: logic level shifter too

Trash80 put out a fix today (thanks btw!)

Is the LLS mandatory?