Hey guys i got my Drag N Derp yesterday

ive been trying to add a ROM to it but no matter what ROM i add it doesn't boot up correctly.
a distorted Nintendo sign rolls down and that is all i get.

Does anyone know what could be happening  thank you

Unsubscribe

Try updating the firmware. Dunno why but that helped me.

Taichung, Taiwan

Make sure your Micro USB cable is one that can transfer DATA and is not only just a charging cable.

Sweeeeeeden

Both of you are probably wrong. If it was a USB cable problem, the cart wouldn't detect at all in the computer. It wouldn't randomly give glitched Nintendo graphics.

Probably, the cartridge contacts are dirty, or misaligned. Open up the cart and clean the edge connector with isopropyl alcohol.

Unsubscribe

that too!

ive tried all your suggestions, i even emailed the professor and he suggested a thin piece of paper to get the contacts to lift closer to the gameboy contacts. but i have had no luck, im going to return it and order another one if there are any available

thank you for your suggestions much appreciated

Last edited by BryDesu (Aug 17, 2016 8:39 pm)

Michigan

I'll just throw this here. The way I typically clean contacts within a console itself is to find a piece of cardboard, cut it to the same size as a cart circuit board and wet it with Isopropyl. Then I insert and remove it several times.

King's Lynn, UK

This is exactly what happened with mine when I first got it, and it was just the contacts - inserting a piece of card like you said you tried fixed it for me, although you did say thin paper, rather than card, maybe it's just not lifting enough. Try doubling it up if you're using paper. Also with mine the card wraps further around the back of the cartridge. I don't know if doing that helped at all, but mine does work fine, so maybe it's worth a try. I may post a picture of it tomorrow to show exactly how I mean.