pselodux wrote:

Nice one!

Apparently, the new beta OP-1 OS supports pocket operator sync via the headphone out (sync pulse goes to tip of plug). Unfortunately though, it's that silly half-step sync scheme (seriously why did anyone ever think this was a good idea)..

No, that's really great! That means the OP-1 could be master for nanoloop as it supports analog sync and works with the POs!! This is great news - looking forward to that release. Woo!

Last edited by 2xAA (July 26, 2016 11:37 pm)

Nope, nanoloop only supports half-speed sync as master (according to the manual anyway, I haven't tried nanoloop as slave!).

If only the OP-1 supported sync *input*.. it's got the mic input, I don't see how it couldn't be implemented!

pselodux wrote:

Nope, nanoloop only supports half-speed sync as master (according to the manual anyway, I haven't tried nanoloop as slave!).

If only the OP-1 supported sync *input*.. it's got the mic input, I don't see how it couldn't be implemented!

Urgh, whyyyyyyyyyy :(

It's a conspiracy!

It won't be so hard for arduino to double the PO sync signal to match nanoloop's analog slave sync. Definitely much easier then dealing with usb-midi timecode...

edit: but I agree about the half sync.. wish there was an update for my volca to get pulse per step sync

Last edited by ashimoke (July 27, 2016 8:48 am)

I really don't understand the point of it.. if you have to essentially implement a tap tempo feature in order to actually process a sync pulse, isn't that inconvenient/inefficient?

I'm actually kinda tempted to just get rid of the op-1 and maybe get something with real MIDI in/out like the Novation Circuit. As good as the op-1 is for lazy couch sound design sessions, it's really not very convenient to use with other devices, without a laptop in between..

Well, I updated my OP-1 to the 2016 Beta OS to check out the PO sync and it works (if you double the tempo output)!
Check it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BIXpZYUgMJe

And actually building a half clock to full clock converter wouldn't be too bad.

But I think the best way is to just build one of these and include the USB Host shield: http://gieskes.nl/master-clock-generator/
Avoids drift and it's a cool project. I'll probably build one in the next couple weeks.

that sync box is adorable! Would be great to sync more than two copies of nanoloop.

A modified 4 player cable works, made one myself for MIDI syncing more than one nanoloop.
Just solder all the IN lines together ;)

pselodux wrote:

that sync box is adorable! Would be great to sync more than two copies of nanoloop.

Cymba have found a way wink