I need to replace a Digitech DOD PDS-2000 and I need the specific feature that it will hold a sample and then allow me to change its pitch by rotating a dial (probably the delay time dial). On the PDS, sampling something with the delay dial straight up allows a full octave down or up when the dial is turned all the way to the left or right. That's also key.

I figure that a lot of pedals do this, but I don't know which ones.

I have a Boss DD-6 but it doesn't do this. When using "sample and hold", turning the dials don't change the sample that is playing.

Thank you in advance. I don't really need to go to Ebay and get another PDS-2000, I'm not into vintage or anything, just looking for this effect.

IL, US

just set the feedback and level dials all the way up and use one of the normal delay modes and you can do what you're talking about.. it won't technically hold forever, but it will generally stay in the delay for quite a long time

Unsubscribe

https://forum.guitar.com/effects-22/rev … lay-191981 does it have to be a pedal?

e.s.c. wrote:

just set the feedback and level dials all the way up and use one of the normal delay modes and you can do what you're talking about.. it won't technically hold forever, but it will generally stay in the delay for quite a long time

Thank you for the answer, but on the DD6 that doesn't quite achieve what I need

United States

thats because the DD6 sucks

the majority of delays that have infinite repeat and looping functions let you change the pitch of the loop. dod dfx 9, 91 and 94 all do it.

tons of threads on guitar forums about what pedals can and can't do it, tons of youtube vids.

Brunswick, GA USA

The pitch of a delay effect is changed by flicking the delay time.

Sample and Hold is for grabbing a piece of a waveform, possibly for a stretch/stutter effect.

Boner wrote:

thats because the DD6 sucks

the majority of delays that have infinite repeat and looping functions let you change the pitch of the loop. dod dfx 9, 91 and 94 all do it.

tons of threads on guitar forums about what pedals can and can't do it, tons of youtube vids.

thanks, I'll check out those other models of DFX.

your message helped a lot, because I finally realized that "infinite repeat" is what I am looking for. I also finally found the PDS-2000 manual online.

In term of youtube and guitar forums, it's really endlessly time-consuming. Talk about time-bending, dang

Last edited by blaqrev (Sep 4, 2016 8:07 am)

Melbourne

Have you thought about getting a Patchblock and making a patch for what you want? I did that when I couldn't find my (non-resampling) digital delay pedal before a gig.

It's a bit more gritty but would be easy to customise. Only downside is that the sample time isn't that great.

pselodux wrote:

Have you thought about getting a Patchblock and making a patch for what you want? I did that when I couldn't find my (non-resampling) digital delay pedal before a gig.

It's a bit more gritty but would be easy to customise. Only downside is that the sample time isn't that great.

I'd never heard of Patchblock, and they look interesting, so thank you. I avoid using laptops on stage, though.

IL, US

pretty sure you only need to use a computer to set up a patchblock and can use it without one once you've made your patch

Melbourne

yeah, you can program it and then disconnect it and it becomes a standalone unit. They can also be chained, so there may be a way to get longer delay times by splitting a patch across two blocks.

pselodux wrote:

yeah, you can program it and then disconnect it and it becomes a standalone unit. They can also be chained, so there may be a way to get longer delay times by splitting a patch across two blocks.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I will definitely check it out.