Italy

Hi guys, as title and video description says, this is my very first time using LSDJ>
I'd like some feedback and constructive criticism big_smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfPV_kX … e=youtu.be

Naptown

I like the energy in the track a lot, and I think you're off to a really good start here! If I had one suggestion I would say to explore working with the noise channel, there are a lot of interesting sounds you can get out of it that I think can add a lot of interesting variation to the rhythms. Keep up the great work!

Italy

Thanks a lot urbster1 big_smile
About the noise channel, I used it to do kick+snare and they ended up taking up all the free space in noise channel. Do you suggest to put less drums and more noises? (Or it was just a general advice for future tracks big_smile?)

Naptown

you're welcome. of course it's up to you which channels to use and how you use them. in general I think it's typical to use noise for snare and the wav channel for kicks because it plays the lowest pitch and you can get reasonably good kick sounds with it, and then the challenge becomes deciding how you want the bass and kick to fit into one channel. to be honest it was hard to hear any kick or snare, and since the noise channel can also be used for noise crashes and other rhythmic noise effects, based on how this track sounds I felt like it would be a good direction for you to explore in the future. hope that helps smile

Italy

Yeah, that sure helps a lot smile I will try next time to blend bass and kicks on wav channel. Actually, I could also just focus wav on kick and atmosphere notes while recording the real bass big_smile I'm eager to try a lot of combinations haha

Chicago
urbster1 wrote:

I like the energy in the track a lot, and I think you're off to a really good start here! If I had one suggestion I would say to explore working with the noise channel, there are a lot of interesting sounds you can get out of it that I think can add a lot of interesting variation to the rhythms. Keep up the great work!

I was about to make the exact same comment!

If you're interested in seeing some noise channel sound ideas, I recently made a tutorial on noise channel percussion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD7omqjHXmI

Naptown

oh I'm sure my comment was definitely inspired by your tutorial, I can't recommend it highly enough. I finally feel like I know what I'm doing with the noise channel! smile

Italy

Yay, tutorials big_smile will help a lot, thanks smile

Las Vegas

Nice job!