ui wrote:

What you mean? the hardware is connected to the Phone instead of the computer?

Yeah. The BitBoy is especially interesting to me when it comes to portable use.
I was able to mime that with my Joey up until Android 6.0.1.

On a computer the Joey still works fine. If you just want to be able to transfer pictures to a computer the Joey is much cheaper.

cyberic wrote:

I though the joey had the ability to 'stream' pictures out of a gb camera.
Have you tested it?

I think the streaming option has nothing to do with getting pictures off the camera album.
I have not yet used streaming so correct me if i am wrong with my assumption. (But it wouldn't work either, as you need Python running, which is not available in Android directly)

Venezuela

Sounds like Joey is the winner so far, and yes i wanna save the gameboy camera .SAV and not just from the gameboy camera also from other games, which is the part i want.

I have the GB Transfer II, but actually dont have a old computer with parallel port so i cant backup my SAV files anymore. Till i get a new computer i preffer to spend that money on a new hardware and sounds like this is the winner for now.

Venezuela

Or does anyone know if there is any possibility to convert Parallel port to USB, because that would be another solution, but im sure it´s nearly imposible.

Last edited by ui (Sep 29, 2016 4:09 am)

Glasgow, Scotland.

The other option is to use a Mega Memory card. Save the .sav from the Game Boy camera onto the MegaMemory... then put it onto an EMS 64 cart, then rip the sav onto your computer and pull the photos from there.

There are a couple of sites that will decode the .sav file into image files... I just can't find the bookmark at the mo.

Glasgow, Scotland.

Found the one I was thinking of:

http://gameboy.photography/

toasterpastries wrote:

Sorry, only mildly related... but I had this big idea for shooting a music video on GB Camera and realized it was going to be a huge amount of effort to work with so few frames at a time... So I gave up on using the hardware and got the Retroboy camera app for Android. It looks exactly the same and records longer videos without the fuss. If you're trying to do something similar, it might be a better way to go.

^^great

unexpectedbowtie wrote:

There are a couple of sites that will decode the .sav file into image files... I just can't find the bookmark at the mo.

Gieskes has a nice one that makes animated gifs from them:
http://gieskes.nl/gameboy-camera/

Last edited by Cementimental (Sep 30, 2016 11:08 am)

Venezuela

Necro-Update on this just in case someone is looking for information about this.

I bough the Benn Venn Gen3 Reader/Writer
http://bennvenn.myshopify.com/collectio … riter-gen2

It works really well!, no issue and it also have a nice tutorial to how config the hardware in your computer and extract the data. So i recommed this one if you need to transfer all your .sav data from your old and not so old gameboy games.