Hello! I'm a new user here, but I expect to be around quite a bit. I was hoping I might get a bit of input on two complely seprate problems I'm having with two backlight installations.

1) I've installed a v2 4 LED Backlight from HHL into a nice Gameboy Pocket, but I'm having some strange issues with it.
At first, I installed it using the two solder points recommended by the video tutorial by This Does Not Compute that is on the HHL product site. It worked both with and without the resistor, but the backlight pulsed with the sound. I've since learned that this should be expected using those solder points.
I figured an alright solution would be a SEPIC board from Kitsch Bent, so I threw that it, and since then I've had my primary problem: The Pocket turns on, with the backlight, but it does so for only a fraction of a second. The first time I turned it on with the SEPIC board it worked for a second or two, but now it only clicks on momentarily. I have since then used what people seem to find as being the 'proper' solder points, but the same exact thing is happening with or without the SEPIC board.

2) I've installed a dmg_el backlight from Kitsch Bent into a DMG, but I can't for the life of me get it to work. The device still powers just fine, and makes sound etc., but the backlight doesn't power on. I've checked the solder points for continuity and it seems to me like it's fine. It seems I'm getting 5v from the board and it gets to the el control pcb, but I don't seem to be getting much on the output of the pcb. Certainly not 5v. Am I supposed to? It's very little, like .04v.
Otherwise it also has a biverter from HHL, which seems to be just fine. I just can't get the Backlight to power up!

Any help would be immensely appreciated! I've been pouring time into these two projects and I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Thank you!