san diego

Hello i am having some weird problem with one of my EMS cartridges. I am trying to save the SAV file and i go through the process of connecting the EMS to the computer and opening up the GB USB. it recognizes the cartridge and when i got to click Write S_RAM i see the status bar go and it finishes.

Now when i check the folder to where i saved it. i see the file but its not a SAV file.

So i check another EMS cart with a different LSDJ rom and SAV and it works on that one.

If anyone has any ideas or info that would be awesome.

France

Maybe a corrupt save? Have you tried saving again at a different state and re read that save on your computer?

Boise, ID

If you're just backing up a save file to your computer, isn't the command for that "read" rather than "write"?

Salt Lake City, UT

Sometimes if the .sav extension is not specified when saving, it will save the file without an extension. You can just rename it and add the extension, and always make sure there's a .sav extension when saving.

I switched to using ems-qart recently and haven't had any issues like this. The only downside of ems-qart is that it doesn't support burning multiple ROMs to the same bank.

Naptown

sounds like it's for LSDJ only, in which case ems-qart is a good option

multi-rom sav's contain the sav data for all the games on the cart, afaik there's no easy way to get the sav for just one rom

Salt Lake City, UT
urbster1 wrote:

sounds like it's for LSDJ only, in which case ems-qart is a good option

multi-rom sav's contain the sav data for all the games on the cart, afaik there's no easy way to get the sav for just one rom

The EMS cart doesn't do this... it has room for one .sav, and if you save from another ROM it overwrites the existing save.

Naptown

you're right it only has room for one .sav. I was referring to  Mottzilla's multi-rom software + menu which stores a bunch of smaller sav's into one sav. even if you change out the roms, the savs will remain unless you clear out the space for more savs. but afaik there's no way to extract each individual game sav from the multi-rom sav. hope this makes sense

regardless, the multi-rom functionality doesn't work with LSDJ, because LSDJ uses up all the sav space.

Last edited by urbster1 (Oct 21, 2016 5:07 pm)