Bratislava, Slovakia

Remembering pattern numbers on each track, rearranging, remembering pattern numbers on each track, searching for unused patterns, and from beginning.

IL, US
4mat wrote:

it's still dance music.

thankfully not all of it smile
but, yeah it's best to try and play other non-chip gigs, but i also see what they meant about the current booking situation in scene though i'd disagree on the year, many involved in booking in the US at this point weren't in the scene in 2009 nor were many of those getting booked regularly... a lot of my favorite artists don't get booked in the scene and aren't really known to many of the newer people ...though some have disappeared, like Sil Req & Albino Ghost Monkey or moved on to other stuff musically like 8cylinder, Baseck & Low-Gain

Brunswick, GA USA

My daughter was a bit restless last weekend so I decided to take her for a walk down the street, and I noticed a car with an imitation of Legend of Zelda's heart graphics as a sticker on the back window, a Mario 3 sticker, a Triforces emblem, etc. and I thought, whoever that is probably would think chipmusic is cool. I wonder how he spends a night after work?

Maybe he just plays PS4 and goes to bed. Maybe he's just visiting somebody and doesn't even live on my street.

I've offered to help my brother and his wife out with some incidental music for a community play adaptation, so I'm not a complete stick in the mud yet.

Lawrenceville, GA
chunter wrote:

so I'm not a complete stick in the mud yet.

Sticks in the mud unite!

edit: to answer the topic's original question, the blank canvas is my least favorite part about producing chipmusic, or any music really... but it's most daunting with chipmusic.  What you're putting down when you first start making a song sounds NOTHING like the final product because you have to change timbres and instruments and volumes and make everything sound nice, while in other production environments you will get a sound that's at least somewhat close to the final one.

Last edited by RushJet1 (Oct 26, 2016 3:07 am)

ohgodno, Indiana

when u know the batteries are about to shit while on stage so u set the gameboy down slowly to try to finish the song but that "last drop" is what kills the batteries...think this has happened to all of us at this point lol

United States

As much as I love working with LSDJ, I really don't like the need for a computer to back up your savs. I know, this seems ridiculous, but in my current situation, I do not have access to a 32 bit OS install the tool onto, nor the computer of my own to do as I please with. I'm aware that there is a way to get around the need of a 32 it OS, but once again I have no computer to call my own.

Besides this, I love everything about chiptune and of the community, the constant creativity you'll find is overwhelming, just how much talent the community has.

Brunswick, GA USA

Will it work on a Raspberry Pi?

New Zealand

I'd say not having enough time to do as much as I'd like to.

New Zealand
this-is-embr wrote:

As much as I love working with LSDJ, I really don't like the need for a computer to back up your savs. I know, this seems ridiculous, but in my current situation, I do not have access to a 32 bit OS install the tool onto, nor the computer of my own to do as I please with. I'm aware that there is a way to get around the need of a 32 it OS, but once again I have no computer to call my own.

Besides this, I love everything about chiptune and of the community, the constant creativity you'll find is overwhelming, just how much talent the community has.

Got an Android phone and an EMS cart?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … emsflasher (shameless self promotion!)

IL, US
Shifty Pixlz wrote:
this-is-embr wrote:

Got an Android phone and an EMS cart?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … emsflasher (shameless self promotion!)

he should just feel lucky it's not like it was in 2008 when you needed a computer with a parallel port.. that was a pain in the ass

ohio gozaimasu

This is probably because of the rock/punk shows I've been going to recently, but I've been noticing that chiptune up to a certain purity forces me to write music in a way that's like stupidly specific. No matter how fancy I or anyone else gets with LSDj it's still just a sequence of loops & it'll never be as expressive or dynamic as a 4-piece rock band/orchestra/jazz trio/whatever. I can name plenty of chip songs I think are hypnotic, raw, or even beautiful, but I can't name a single chiptune song I would describe as "catchy". It's still possible to write great music but it's never going to be anything other than some fucked up techno loops trying to pass off as some other genre

Last edited by Cooshinator (Oct 27, 2016 5:03 pm)

Well stop using LSDJ then, there are plenty of far more flexible trackers you can write literally anything with.  And there's plenty of genre stuff that is incredibly expressive out there.  If you're just looking at this chipscene for the stuff you're not going to find it.

Unsubscribe

Its a bad carpenter wot blames his tools mate.

Unsubscribe

Last edited by herr_prof (Oct 27, 2016 8:35 pm)

Naming the damn tunes..

ohio gozaimasu

Not going to abandon software I've been using for half a decade just because I run into a few walls here and there. And yeah I'm blaming my tools, did you look at the title of the thread?