San Diego, CA

hi I made an album

you can find it at http://spacetown.bandcamp.com/album/ephemera

I worked on this for two years

thanks for listening

Glasgow, Scotland.

Nice artwork! I'm not usually big into ambient music, but there are some great tracks in there. I especially like 'Deep Thought' and 'Perennial'.

What hardware did you use, out of interest? You've got some great warm sounds in there.

Glasgow, Scotland.

Okay, I've listened through like six times now, and I really really like this release. Nice work man! The only track I'm not massively keen on is the opener, purely based on the higher vox parts. They're a bit too 90s trance for me in places, but the music itself is great.

Really curious to see what you used to pull this together. smile

Last edited by unexpectedbowtie (Nov 22, 2016 5:17 pm)

San Diego, CA

hey thanks! the opener has a sample of tinashe covering a drake song, but I also like mid 00's trance (before the "uplifting" trend started) so maybe that's on me >_>

as far as tech, I used gameboys running LSDJ for most of the pads + long chord tones, and I also have an arturia microbrute that I use for the lead parts. it's all sequenced in ableton and I just have some percussion samples I scrounged up somewhere as the drumzzzz

Solar System

I like it reminds me autechre-amber,arovane + new EDM elements.
Quality stuff! I was into IDM and now I am into trap. So love this!

Glasgow, Scotland.
spacetownsavior wrote:

hey thanks! the opener has a sample of tinashe covering a drake song, but I also like mid 00's trance (before the "uplifting" trend started) so maybe that's on me >_>

Hah, it's not a bad thing! Just my personal taste. Love the rest of it.

as far as tech, I used gameboys running LSDJ for most of the pads + long chord tones, and I also have an arturia microbrute that I use for the lead parts. it's all sequenced in ableton and I just have some percussion samples I scrounged up somewhere as the drumzzzz

That's awesome. No idea how you got those longer, softer sounds from LSDJ. Impressed!