Earth

New program for Pocket Chip. Pay what you want apparently. Haven't tried it but this looks pretty cool. It's made by humble tune, which Makes a bunch of crazy minimal apps. Makes me want a P.Chip for Hanukkah. Wonder why installation requires terminal commands. Is that common on this platform?

http://www.humbletune.com/phase/

|

Last edited by breakphase (Dec 4, 2016 10:36 am)

France

Thank you for the information. I've tested it, it works out of the box on my pocketchip (including the plug of my midi keyboard in the usb port), that's brilliant.
The console things are only for downloading the app, and reducing the sound quality so it will be easier on the CPU.

Earth
garvalf wrote:

Thank you for the information. I've tested it, it works out of the box on my pocketchip (including the plug of my midi keyboard in the usb port), that's brilliant.
The console things are only for downloading the app, and reducing the sound quality so it will be easier on the CPU.

Ok! Good to know!

Solar System

This sounds massive! As Farbraush VSTi or Atari Falcon AceTracker... Where can I buy PocketCHIP in EU???

Last edited by Matej (Dec 4, 2016 3:03 pm)

Italy

Wonder why installation requires terminal commands. Is that common on this platform?

I think this runs Linux... so yes, it's pretty common.

Where can I buy PocketCHIP in EU???

Was just wondering about the same... also, littlegptracker seems to run on this thing, which makes it even cooler!

Btw. Humbletune has made some some great music software (also worth noting Chord for Game Boy)!

Earth

Ah, I see now. It's a little ARM computer with Linux installed. I like it! I thought it was more like a Dingoo or whatever.

Last edited by breakphase (Dec 5, 2016 8:50 am)

Sweden/UK

Hey guys, developer here. Cheers for the nice comments. @Matej I am in UK and bought mine straight from the pocket chip website, https://getchip.com/pages/pocketchip. They are based in america but sent it from Hong Kong. Don't think I had to pay any extra tax on it if I remember correct.

@breakphase Yeah there is a small amount of terminal you have to do as you figured out, it is a linux device. But if you struggle I am always happy to help you if you send me an email or something.

Cheers

ERik

Last edited by humbleTUNE (Dec 5, 2016 6:49 pm)

Italy

@humbleTUNE: They have a lovely 404 page! smile
but just remove the trailing "." and it's fine!
Anyway... you just made me want one of these... must resist... must resist...

Sweden/UK

@rumpelfilter Ooops, yeah that is a nice 404 page. I assumed it would parse the link without the full stop. It runs on raspberry pi too if you have one of those lying around. smile

Cheers

ERik

Italy

I've got one here indeed. I'll try to find a screen to hook it up and give it a go! But then... the Chip still looks interesting... I mean, it even has a built-in screen smile

São Paulo, Brazil
humbleTUNE wrote:

They are based in america but sent it from Hong Kong. Don't think I had to pay any extra tax on it if I remember correct.

Sadly, they do charge taxes on the checkout. USD 55 for shipping to Brazil. Which is idiot, once I've never bought something from China that got taxed.

West Yorks, UK

humbletune my man, will this run on a regular chip? not a pocketchip? I think i may buy a chip if so as rpi is causing me troubles outputting to composite, running LGPT and a few others! Im based not very far at all from you, please continue with the awesome softwares!

Italy

btw. any plans to add this to the official Noobs / PI app store?

france

Sound great on this video smile

Sweden/UK

@PULSELOOPER Yeah it's anoying sometimes with international shippings. smile

@Domu I've not tested it but I am pretty sure it will run on the normal chip. The pocket chips is basically the chip but with the screen and keyboard. As I understand it is running the same os under the hood, only the pocket version has a slightly different interface. But worst case you can always flash your chip to run the pocket chip os. Cheers for the encouragment. smile I am not stopping yet, still have stuff to do.

@rumpelfilter I have not had a look at the Noobs / PI app store, didn't really know it existed. Have to do some investigation on that. Cheers for sharing that thought,.

@yoyz2k Thanks. smile

Italy

@humbletune: it works a bit like the Mac App store. It's the good ol' Linux repository with a more modern look and UI and with the possibility of selling apps. No idea how much people use it though.