Glasgow, Scotland.

Hello there.

I have an issue with one of my LSDJ carts (on an EMS USB64), in that the 'play time' clock doesn't increment any more when playing songs. It used to, and was really useful when performing live for knowing how long each track was, but it seems to have stopped.

The overall time still goes up (as in, the total ever time used), but the Play time just sits at 0 - in Live or Song mode.

Any ideas why it could be?

Glasgow, Scotland.

I think I've worked out the issue. Whenever I restore a backup from a MegaMemory cart, the play time indicator is borked. If I create a new SAV in the LSDJ File Manager with fresh song files, it's fine. Looks like the MegaMemory is doing something weird.

Salt Lake City, UT

Now that you mention it... I think I've experienced the exact same thing. Haven't used the MegaMemory in quite a while, so I think I assumed it was an issue with an LSDJ version that got fixed.

I can only assume your hunch about the MegaMemory is correct.

Glasgow, Scotland.

Weird. I've got the same issue now on another cart that hasn't been restored from a MegaMemory. I'm going to try re-flashing LSDJ on it and see if that helps. Bizarre.

sweden

Which version of the Mega Memory do you have? Yellow or black?

Glasgow, Scotland.
nordloef wrote:

Which version of the Mega Memory do you have? Yellow or black?

The black one. Seems to be happening with non MegaMem savs as well though. Can't work out what the common factor is. All three of my EMS carts are running 4.7.3 hmm

Naptown

first, have you tried those savs using a newer version of LSDJ? or on different Game Boys / with an emulator such as BGB?

if you find a problematic sav that you are willing to share, I can try it on a couple of my carts (Drag'n'Derp, El Cheapo SD) to rule out that it is only the EMS carts having issues.

if it still fails to work, it would be good to send an email to [email protected] with your sav attached and report the bug.

Glasgow, Scotland.
urbster1 wrote:

first, have you tried those savs using a newer version of LSDJ? or on different Game Boys / with an emulator such as BGB?

if you find a problematic sav that you are willing to share, I can try it on a couple of my carts (Drag'n'Derp, El Cheapo SD) to rule out that it is only the EMS carts having issues.

if it still fails to work, it would be good to send an email to [email protected] with your sav attached and report the bug.

Yeah, tried the SAVs on multiple different Game Boys, and on different carts. There's nothing consistent happening that I can put my finger on hmm. Sometimes a cart won't count the play time, and other times it will.

I'm still on 4.7.3 for all three at the moment, so will update to the latest version and see if that makes a difference. Will give you a shout if that doesn't work out. Thanks for the offer!