Solar System

Aloha.

I googled this yesterday!

For all owners Sharp MZ, SEGA MASTER SYSTEM, Game Gear, Megadrive, Texas Instruments TI-99/4A, Acorn BBC micro i have good news. There was released SNEVEN TRACKER for SN76489 PSG soundchip. It is modded Famitracker so it very good GUI.

DOWNLOAD:
https://github.com/HertzDevil/SnevenTra … tag/v0.1.0

SN76489 DATASHEET:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Instruments_SN76489
http://www.zeridajh.org/articles/variou … /index.htm
http://www.smspower.org/Development/SN7 … 2af56807f1

SCREENSHOT:

Now we need SMS / MD - GENNY native player  big_smile.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Woah. Gotta check this out. Any idea how stable and/or feature full it is?

Probably my favorite chip set next to YM2612.

Started playing with this last night, and there is definitely the ease of use I noticed. Really cool that you can fine tune the BPM, and can't wait until they have vgm conversion.

UK

I played the angel_delgato.snm that comes with it and it sounds awesome. The playback is a little bit jittery on my machine but this looks interesting and I'd like to try something a little different to LSDJ for a change. I do most of my music on a windows machine too atm which is useful. Hopefully famitracker tutorials will apply to this. Shame it cant be synced over midi

edit- just checked and found sync

Last edited by tearauth (Dec 7, 2016 1:00 pm)

tearauth wrote:

The playback is a little bit jittery on my machine but this looks interesting and I'd like to try something a little different to LSDJ for a change.

Then it was entirely worth it! Hehe, seems like most chiptuners are stuck on LSDJ these days. Always good to branch out.

Seems to run nice and smooth on my old 2006 Windows Vista machine.

If you ever need any help with this chipset and the noise channel special modes, just let me know. I'll be glad to help!

Setting the effect V01 switches the noise channel to the 6.15% PWM pulse wave. V00 switches it back to the hissing noise. The pitch control in channel 3 is dominated by the noise channel when the note in channel 4 is set to D#.

Play around with it and you'll see what i'm talking about. big_smile

UK

If anyones made some good music with this I'd love to hear it. I'll be playing with this for sure

Toronto
marcb0t wrote:

Setting the effect V01 switches the noise channel to the 6.15% PWM pulse wave.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't setting your instrument's Duty/Noise to 1 or 3 have the same effect on the Noise channel?

Last edited by Virus610 (Dec 10, 2016 6:25 pm)

Virus610 wrote:
marcb0t wrote:

Setting the effect V01 switches the noise channel to the 6.15% PWM pulse wave.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't setting your instrument's Duty/Noise to 1 or 3 have the same effect on the Noise channel?

Yes. Although, it's irrelevant seeing as that it would be the same result regardless whether you select 1 or 3.   .-.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
marcb0t wrote:
Virus610 wrote:

Yes. Although, it's irrelevant seeing as that it would be the same result regardless whether you select 1 or 3.   .-.

Except you can change the parameter faster that way and leave the effect slot free.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Dec 12, 2016 12:59 am)

jefftheworld wrote:
marcb0t wrote:

Except you can change the parameter faster that way and leave the effect slot free.

Which I never said you couldn't do. Which I did not even imply. Use the instrument macro or effects slot, and use 1 or 3 on either. It matters not to me. It's the same result.

You will rarely need to use all 3 effects slots on the noise channel any way. If you ever do, then I'd really like to see and examine your module for the pure fascination of it.

And even if you do, you can almost always find a strategic place to put a "Vxx" command where needed, if you have not implemented it into your instrument.

Technically, instruments are simply macros that make it quicker to design your music. You could do all the same stuff with a single instrument at full blast, effects  and volume commands, and tracker at max speed with strategic placing of all the notes. Of course that's incredibly time consuming though.

HKSAR

Hello, I am the developer of this FamiTracker 0.4.6 mod. The latest version is 0.2.2, which already has optimized VGM logging (but not exporting, so looping and trimming must be done manually using the VGMTools suite).

Please also read the SnevenTracker statement here.

Brighton

A generalised Famitracker sounds like a great idea.