Glasgow, Scotland.

All credit to Joe Bleeps for this. Just re-posting from the Chiptunes = Win group on Facebook.

Schematic of the board (link port):

Switch goes between IN and OUT analog sync.

Image of it in action. As clean as usual from Joe:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOqDbqqgfxz … &hl=en

Last edited by unexpectedbowtie (Jan 4, 2017 12:02 am)

╱╲╱╲╱╲╱

Neat! Will try to wire it up asap

Last edited by bitwise (Jan 4, 2017 12:49 pm)

Glasgow, Scotland.

updated image:

╱╲╱╲╱╲╱

uploaded image to imgur. So, no need for anybody to complete a captcha smile

Last edited by bitwise (Jan 4, 2017 8:12 pm)

Glasgow, Scotland.
bitwise wrote:

uploaded image to imgur. So, no need for anybody to complete a captcha smile

Oh weird, didn't realise it required that on img42. Thanks!

╱╲╱╲╱╲╱

No problem wink

Glasgow, Scotland.

I tried out this mod in my latest DMG, and it works pretty well. I needed to send the modular clock into an envelope first to get it to trigger the Game Boy which was a bit odd, but it syncs, so no big deal.

I did try to do the mod without a switch, but couldn't get it to work. Clock Out works when both in/out are wired up at the same time, but not In. As if LSDJ is getting confused with the pulses. I don't see why it shouldn't work though, so maybe worth someone with more electronics knowledge than me to have a bash. In the end I went with a teeny tiny DIP-style switch that is recessed in the case just above the sync jack.

In the future I might investigate putting the sync jack in the top right so that the cable won't get in the way of my right hand as much.

Glasgow, Scotland.

Picture of the side:

Forgive my crappy drilling. The vice wasn't tight enough and the case slipped a bit on the main hole sad

On the right hand side is a teeny tiny dip switch that goes between in and out sync.