long island, new york

Howdy y'all.

Recently I've been working with 2xLSDJ after making 1xLSDJ stuff for years.

I uploaded a demo with some dream-pop sensibilities, and I was wondering if I could get constructive criticism on the sound-design and overall mix.

http://chipmusic.org/business+pastel/mu … xlsdj-demo

But I'm also open to any constructive criticism! If you have qualms about the composition, I'd appreciate you letting me know! heart

Last edited by business pastel (Feb 15, 2017 1:30 am)

Oklahoma City, OK

I liked it! It feels very open and atmospheric, the noise channel work and arpeggios do well for that. Compositionally, it feels a little stagnant. It would've been cool to see those long, drawn out chords repurpose themselves in some way during the 2nd half. All things considered, nice work dude ^_^

long island, ny
DBOYD wrote:

I liked it! It feels very open and atmospheric, the noise channel work and arpeggios do well for that. Compositionally, it feels a little stagnant. It would've been cool to see those long, drawn out chords repurpose themselves in some way during the 2nd half. All things considered, nice work dude ^_^

Thank you so much for listening through! I realize the song has a bit of potential with the environment, so I'll definitely focus on improving my writing. heart