Hi all!

I've managed to make an arduinoboy with a funduino board (cheaper). I wanted to try if it worked but midi input-output doesn't really work at all.
Here are some things that happen:

-The led startup phase seems ok, but the status led isn't ON except sometimes when the game boy is connected but switched off (?).

-The leds for the modes only blink when selected and then they turn off.

-The lsdj-master with arduinoboy-master works fine, the status led follows the tempo and the others blink for each bar (1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4....).

-Lsdj slave mode is always busy or breaks when trying to connect it (in older versions of lsdj). When switching modes it starts when certain mode is selected but it gets stuck until I change the sync mode.

-Midi output mode (for lsdj) and midi input mode (for mgb) don't work, any of the midi ports seem to be doing anything at all.

-When switching modes on the gb it gets stuck on keyboard mode until I switch off and on the arduino.

My guess was that the optocoupler was faulty or something, but none of the midi ports work (neither input or output! with lsdj 4.8.8 midi output mode) Later I tried switching some wires to make sure nothing was turned around, but I only managed to get a weird midi output thing.

I'm using a usb-midi interface (https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01J9Z … &psc=1) and Ableton Live Suite connected to it, also an EMS 64 usb cart and a DMG 01 (i've got two, none of them seem to work...). For making the gb cable i've used the original arduinoboy sheet and I've ripped one of the sides of the gb cable to see where each wire goes.

Does anyone know how can I fix this? I'll upload photos of anything needed.

http://imgur.com/a/fvexb here are some photos of the assembly and the gb cable. (The gb cable also has a center non-plastic covered wire , but I don't know what to do with that one)

(Sorry for bad English! )

Last edited by Bizcochitos (Feb 18, 2017 5:05 pm)

Fuck yeah! I got it to work! The octocoupler was upside down :').
Midi out lsdj still doesn't work, Any suggestions?

I am interested in this as well. I can select midi out mode on both the ArduinoBoy and LSDJ but nothing seems to respond beyond that.

NUMBSKULL

On midi out mode, do any of the LED's light up when LSDJ sends midi data? If not, it's probably an issue with your link cable connection. Even if midi in works, midi out will use some different link cable pins.

If the LED's do light up, it's probably just the MIDI jack wired wrong. Try swapping the two wires going to it.

Are you using Q commands? Each set of Chains needs a Q00 command at the beginning to send relative Pitch info (The values represent pitch offset). N command sends a static Pitch value (00 is note off), X sends CC values, and Y sends program changes.

catskull wrote:

On midi out mode, do any of the LED's light up when LSDJ sends midi data? If not, it's probably an issue with your link cable connection. Even if midi in works, midi out will use some different link cable pins.

If the LED's do light up, it's probably just the MIDI jack wired wrong. Try swapping the two wires going to it.

Well! It was just as the next command said, I just added some q commands and switched two wires and everything started working flawlessly.
I'm so proud I made this thing work :-)