Sorry, but as a lifelong basshead (and bit a nerd about it to boot), I couldn't resist chiming in; I've been a Rockford Fosgate man ever since my first car.

It's fair to note that when it comes to a booming system there are (in my opinion) two types of people:
1. The person who just wants 'loud'. This person will stick any number of speakers and amps in a vehicle with no serious concern over brands, properly matching components in terms of wattage and resistance, etc. "Yo dog, my sh** is loud!"

2. The proper bass nerd. People who care greatly about their sound set up, who care about brand and care about making sure all of their components are matched correctly (again, rms wattage, resistance, resonant frequency response, sound stage, correct air space, understands the assorted technical differences between sealed and ported enclosures, etc).

There really was some beautiful and amazing music that came from the bass scene that I would bet alot of people who otherwise thought "big speakers" in a vehicle were a dumb, combined along with the people I mentioned in number 1 above would definitely have missed including people who otherwise loved electronic music. I would reference the most talented musicians such as Bass 305, Techmaster PEB, and all kinds of music from Neil Case (known to the world as either Beat Dominator or Bass Mekanik) as examples.

I'll stop talking now. This whole subject is just a big passion of mine. I wasn't even 10 years old and already had tons of these instrumental electronic tapes in my bedroom, just great music. Cheers.

Last edited by bitpusher2600 (Mar 7, 2017 7:22 pm)

IL, US

i'm confused, but i think you're directing this at me because you're assuming i had something to do  with the c saying "Yo dog, have any subwoofer recommendations?"  ..you do realize that i'm (almost) never the one who does the tweets, right? i think i've done maybe 4 in the 7 years of this site. this wasn't one of them. we get it, you love subwoofers, but i'm pretty sure this was intended as a light-hearted pun on the word subwoofer and had 0% to do with really anything deeper than that. even if you had been correct in whatever string of assumptions you've made, it probably would have made more sense to pm me, or at least make whatever point you're making clearer because i'm not sure what you're getting at

Haha, no you misunderstand smile
I thought you controlled the site tag, which are usually always a good laugh.
Just chiming in on the subject matter. Perhaps I should've put a smiley on the end of the topic title. Nothing specific directed at you, it was supposed to be a enthusiastic acknowledgment to the controller of the site tag.

Sweeeeeeden

The talking C is mostly me. The password is shared between all the admins, but in fact I believe only me and Tim have access to it now since we changed it after it got hacked. Nothing bad was tweeted or anything like that, but the account was suddenly used for following thousands of people. So that's some insight from the other side into how "buying Twitter followers" works.

Yeah, the tweet was mostly about the pun: dog, woof. I considered saying just woofer instead of subwoofer, to make the pun even clearer, but didn't. I often wonder if the puns (when the lines are puns) are too dry.

NUMBSKULL

I mean who hasn't the bubble offended really

IL, US

sorry. i guess you can see how i thought it was situation where you took offense... it wouldn't be the first time a forum member got mad at me for something i had little or nothing to do with over the years (was a much more common issue on 8bc)

if woofers are dogs then subwoofers must be cats

cheers for the music recs bp2600, interesting genre that i didnt know existed until now! listening to on some sony earbuds that make the bass completely inaudible and it's all got a kind of DOS shareware soundtrack vibe to it. quality stuff. any more?

Last edited by sandneil (Mar 8, 2017 1:59 am)

IL, US

nah. you gotta know cats > dogs. why? because you can leave them alone for a weekend with some food and water without them pooping everywhere and tearing shit up out of boredom/stress smile

Brunswick, GA USA

Depends on the cat, but I prefer how less needy cats are too.

ohio gozaimasu

dogs encourage activity and virtue, cats are for stoner losers who are too lazy to get out of their piles of jalapeno cheetos and piss to throw a frisbee like once a week

Earth
Cooshinator wrote:

dogs encourage activity and virtue, cats are for stoner losers who are too lazy to get out of their piles of jalapeno cheetos and piss to throw a frisbee like once a week

Typical dog person...

ohio gozaimasu

meet me at the tetherball court after gym class shrimp

Atlanta, GA

i like bunnies

IL, US

rabbits are awesome too. i mean i love dogs also (except a lot of the smaller breeds), just they're seriously much more of a hassle to take care of than cats

Earth
e.s.c. wrote:

rabbits are awesome too. i mean i love dogs also (except a lot of the smaller breeds), just they're seriously much more of a hassle to take care of than cats

Yeah ditto. Cats are low maintenance, but still very amusing. I live in an apartment. I also like how much self respect they have, while still being a creature that poops in a box.

rabbits kick ass

ive got a guinea pig and they kick ass too. kinda boring pet though. minmaxing the maintenance/fun spectrum