Hi!

Has anybody done analog sync with LSDJ from Korg Electribe 2? I was assuming that the sync ports on the device would be similar to those on the Monotribe and Volcas and syncing would work the same but I didn't find any information to back my assumption and the device isn't listed on the analog sync compatibility chart I found on the LSDJ website.

I have this sync cable: https://evadeanddualitymicro.bandcamp.c … slave-mode

Thanks!

IL, US

i'm not sure why you'd go for analog sync over midi since the electribe 2 supports both. it does use an 1/8" jack for analog sync in which is the same as vlocas and since both are korg, i'd imagine the same methods for volcas would work with it. still, if it were me i'd just midi sync
edit: i might be a tiny bit biased

Unsubscribe

The korg volca sync should work with anything that supports volca sync. They work fine with mine!

Joliette, QC, Canada

The best thing to do is to make an arduinoboy and plug it in midi !
I use a similar setup nowaday I plug the audio output and the midi ports of my Atari ST in the Audio/MIDI Inputs of the Electribe (I have an E2Sampler).
Turn off the Audio In Thru, if you need stereo or mono, sacrifice 1 or 2 tracks on your electribe and choose Audio In MN or Audio In ST after than on this same track(s) live record that same channel by holding the pads from the beginning to the end of your Pattern after that you can totally tweak your gameboy (Atari ST for me) with everything you got in this little beast ! (Filter, LFO, FX and Master FX, etc.) smile
Another trick I found for live stuff, while your pattern is playing go in the sequencer mode of the Audio In track(s) and turn off some pads to get a sick live gater ! smile
Maybe you know all of this already but it's the tips I'm giving you with the E2 and chips ! ...If you didn't do it already you can hack your E2 so it will become a E2 Sampler !
...Oh I almost forgot. If you think that the Audio In volume is not really loud and you see that it Clip(or nearly clipping) tweak the Edit knob a bit (but not too much because it will be too loud !)
PS.: Some of these tricks are if you want to sync for example LSDJ...Never tried stuff like mGB so I cant really help you on this one !

Last edited by XyNo (Mar 9, 2017 6:51 pm)

IL, US

i used the live gating function back when i had an esx-1, good fun

Tacoma WA

i used the analong sync to sync my old elctribe 2 with my modular so it should work fine.

Michigan

kitty

Thanks for your input all, and a huge thanks to XyNo for your tips! I would've never thought about plugging my Gameboy into the Audio in of the E2 (which I got yesterday and am now keenly learning)! It works with the analog sync too, but I'm also getting an arduinoboy to have more options.

Have a great weekend!

Michigan

you're welcome. smile

Joliette, QC, Canada
JRobert wrote:

Thanks for your input all, and a huge thanks to XyNo for your tips! I would've never thought about plugging my Gameboy into the Audio in of the E2 (which I got yesterday and am now keenly learning)! It works with the analog sync too, but I'm also getting an arduinoboy to have more options.

Have a great weekend!

No problem dude ! If you have any questions or anything (or just tricks you just found out and want to share it with the people)
Don't hesitate to post these in this thread ! smile

San Diego, CA

can this just be the electribe 2 x chipmusic thread because I have an electribe and am starting to use it and I would like the tips smile