IL, US
cyberic wrote:

Is it possible to use the adaptor for LSDJ midi out mode?

no, you need an arduinoboy for that. and the earlier ones don't support it without a firmware upgrade

e.s.c. wrote:
cyberic wrote:

Is it possible to use the adaptor for LSDJ midi out mode?

no, you need an arduinoboy for that. and the earlier ones don't support it without a firmware upgrade

OK, thanks.
I was wondering because of that:

MIDI signals from the Game Boy are forwarded to the PC.

I tested this mode and I nothing shows up in my midi monitor.
Is there a use for this mode?

IL, US
cyberic wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

OK, thanks.
I was wondering because of that:

MIDI signals from the Game Boy are forwarded to the PC.

I tested this mode and I nothing shows up in my midi monitor.
Is there a use for this mode?

if you read nitro's post that was after what you quoted, you have your answer

nitro2k01 wrote:

It relies on the GB program to send data formatted as MIDI. There's probably no software today that can actually make use of this functionality. (Trash80's modded LSDj version has a different protocol.) If you wanted to try if it works, I guess you could connect one NL adapter in MIDI out mode to another NL adapter in MIDI in, or an Arduinoboy in MIDI mode to an NL adapter in MIDI in mode to form a loopback.

Hi, Im trying to synchronize my GBA with Nanoloop and PC, but It's not working. The USB-midi adaptor is in sync mode and I assured myself that the connections between it and usb and link cables are correct:

So I put nanoloop in slave mode, but when I send clock signal from the pc It doesn't seem to receive it, and stays paused. I'm using this cable for the GBA - adaptor connection (http://www.stoneagegamer.com/game-boy-g … tomee.html)

Any clue of what am I doing wrong here?

Last edited by Sanju (Jan 31, 2018 7:37 am)

Sanju wrote:

Hi, Im trying to synchronize my GBA with Nanoloop and PC, but It's not working. The USB-midi adaptor is in sync mode and I assured myself that the connections between it and usb and link cables are correct:

So I put nanoloop in slave mode, but when I send clock signal from the pc It doesn't seem to receive it, and stays paused. I'm using this cable for the GBA - adaptor connection (http://www.stoneagegamer.com/game-boy-g … tomee.html)

Any clue of what am I doing wrong here?

Well... the data transfer isn't working either and the usb cable is working ok with my mp3, so I suppose that there is a problem with the link cable. Anyone knows about a good game boy advance link cable to use midi-usb adaptor with?

NUMBSKULL

That link cable you linked to is a DMG/Gameboy Color cable. I've never used the nanoloop usb midi adapter, but you probably need to use a GBA cable. I'd reach out to Oliver to see if he has a known working cable.

that cable seems fine. gba-multiplayer cables do NOT work.

About the link cable, I readed some bad reviews about it. Some people saying it worked ok, some people saing it didn't worked at all. I searched and didn't found another similar cable for the GBA, so I ended up buying it, despite that bad reviews, hoping that it would work for me.
I have a DMG-01 too, but no same game carts for that and GBA so I cannot check if it's really cable's problem.
So, someone who has usb-midi adaptor working with GBA could share what link cable is using?

Last edited by Sanju (Jan 31, 2018 7:24 pm)

any gb color/pocket compatile cable.

oliver wrote:

any gb color/pocket compatile cable.

Oooh, so regular gb color link cable is compatible with gb advance! Didn't know.
Thanks!

OK, a little progress. Using the two smaller sides of the cable...

... I get to transfer files between gb and pc, so the cable works (I was using the other conector for the adaptor). I still can't send midi ticks to the gb though. Will keep trying...

Last edited by Sanju (Feb 1, 2018 8:58 pm)