Germany

Hello, i need. Little advice. For nanoloop 2 i usw my gameboy advance sp. In combination with the great nanoloop usb adapter the gba sp makes much noise, very much. Both of my do that. Does all th epeople out there have it too? Or is there one gameboy with a linkport that is a bit quieter?
Thanks forward
Regards fReD

Last edited by dualitymicro (Apr 4, 2017 8:52 pm)

Austin, TX

This is a pretty definitive guide:

game boy sound comparison

Sweden

Hi, have you seen this?
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/19565 … olderless/

This, maybe in combination with a prosound mod, should make the old GBA pretty quiet. I'm not getting any noticable noise when using my GBA (just prosound) with lsdj and an arduinoboy.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
HimsyPimsy wrote:

This is a pretty definitive guide:

game boy sound comparison

That guide is a fantastic comparison of the hardhelds but one thing to keep in mind is the Super Game Boy, Super Game Boy 2 and Game Boy Player. All three use real hardware, the latter two even include a link port, and the Game Boy Player in particular has very little noise. It's a fantastic studio option.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Apr 5, 2017 1:27 am)

Germany

Good morning, oh thanks mates. I've done some sound mods in the past, some different and most of them are really cool. But i didnt know that on the GBA, big thanks. Will try it soon.

The latest version of nanoloop 2 (2.7.9.2) reduces the hum when synced via USB. You can update here:

https://www.nanoloop.com/update/nlmidi.html (or visit www.nanoloop.com/update if you don't want to use the web-tool)

The higher pitched hum is reduced to normal levels, only the slow buzz remains.

Melbourne
oliver wrote:

The latest version of nanoloop 2 (2.7.9.2) reduces the hum when synced via USB.

hooray it also fixes mute!

Do you think there's scope to fix the "jump to 250bpm if you accidentally use B+LEFT/RIGHT to change to empty pattern" bug? I do realise it's a rite of passage for all nanoloopers big_smile

Yes, will fix that soon.

Melbourne

thanks big_smile I really appreciate your dedication to nanoloop, I use it more than my "real" synth gear