It’s back! Along with nitro2k01, we produced the first ever LSDj-based cartridge album back in 2014. A compilation of eerie tunes released on Halloween. It is made in a dedicated homebrew cartridge, using all new parts, and built from the ground up.

These cartridges require a considerable amount of time to produce, so we’re getting a head start on Heebie-GBs this year so that we can have cartridges in hand on Halloween day.

Contributing:

Send us over your portfolio, or a sample of your work to [email protected]. We will review your past work and proceed from there. If  accepted, please send us over any of your art/logo assets for us to work with.
   We may ask for adjustments made to songs if we feel there is a need for improvement. Please be prepared for that before submitting your work.
   We do not like to operate on a "spec-work" basis, but If you do not have a portfolio, or if we were not able to accept you for this release, you are still more than welcome to submit a song. Although, out of many submissions done this way for our previous release, only one was ultimately accepted.

Requirements:

Songs must be newly composed in LSDj. No previously released work or covers, please.

Songs must adhere to the halloween theme of the album
   You may submit more than one song
   Submissions are due June 2017. This deadline may be extended if we believe they can be produced in time.

Compensation:

All contributors will receive a free limited edition variant, as well a fixed amount via PayPal for each accepted song.

Last edited by Apeshit (Sep 8, 2019 1:26 am)

Bristol, UK

Emailed! wink

Utah

I'm a bit confused. Am I sending a portfolio of songs that you want to select from? Or is the portfolio just so you know what kind of tunes I make and then I would create a new song after you decide you like it?

Sweeeeeeden

We are looking for songs that are newly composed for this compilation. We are asking for a portfolio or similar to be able judge your composition style. The reason being, since this is paid work, we prefer to discuss the details before the artists starts working on a song, to avoid a situation where the artist works for many hours on something that we ultimately can't accept. As Apeshit mentioned in the original post, you're still welcome to submit a song for the compilation without this step, but with the risk that it's not accepted for the compilation.

Haven't had an opportunity to reply to those that reached out just yet, but so far everything sounds great. I'll be getting in contact soon. Thanks!

Michigan

Bump

We're off to a good start. I've got in touch with all the accepted applicants.

I've stocked up on the more difficult to source parts required to make this happen, so we're going into this comfortably. Along with the end of drag'n'derp production, I've decided to retire our clear black game pak shells, so we will be producing this batch with a new color.

Could you please indicate a more precise date for the deadline? thx

Sweeeeeeden
cyberic wrote:

Could you please indicate a more precise date for the deadline? thx

The deadline is a bit flexible, but the important thing is that the release needs to be finished well before Halloween, including programming, manufacturing the carts, and allowing for shipping time and any unforeseen events. It's not too late to apply at this point.

As we gear up for our website launch, we have been working on new potential hardware for Heebie 2 and are soon to announce the new label design!

We are still accepting applicants, and will be pushing the deadline back as well. Once we have the website launched, we will begin promoting the release full-force and will have a more definitive deadline.

Nebraska

Good Morning folks!

This is sort of off topic so I apologize.

I'm not a musician, but I really want to get the first album. Is there any way for 'repress' to happen, or does anyone have a spare for sale?

Thanks in advance, I also look forward to the new one that I assume will come out this Halloween.

Sweeeeeeden

You're in luck. As the website launches, a limited edition of previous titles will be offered, including the first Heebie GBs and Xmas 16.

Madriz, Supain

Im very out of the loop (kinda stuck with Facebook and forgot about boards), am I on time for this?

Sweeeeeeden

Yes, sirette! Feel free to apply.

Madriz, Supain

Noice !

Madriz, Supain

mail written!

nitro2k01 wrote:

sirette!

Im gonna steal that expression from now on