Made a new tracker. Works in browsers (desktop builds coming).
* cut all the fat from the "tracker" and see what is the minimal possible "tracker"
* no instruments, macros instead. instrument "settings" are set from the macro instead of instrument parameters
* the "synth" is just a wavetable with 256 predefined one-cycle waveforms with various timbres
* there are no more than 4 channels, that was enough in 1991 and should be enough in 2016
* the simplicity and limitations will give extra inspiration and unexpected results
There is a longer manifesto but it's a bit weird.
* key shortcuts are very close to Protracker: right side modifiers play the song, F3/F4 copy and paste track, enter/backspace to play current row etc.
* explore the waveforms, there are 256 of them so at least one should sound nice
* very fast play rate (150+ Hz) helps if you have to do stuff on two separate rows in the macro
* you can put effects in the note column by holding down shift
* if you can't fit everything on one row (trigger note, set volume, set macro) try to set some params before triggering the note
* there is no vibrato, instead create a macro for that and use 1xx and 2xx
You can also easily share the tunes:
Last edited by kometbomb (April 9, 2017 5:20 pm)