UK

useless post removed

Last edited by tearauth (Apr 10, 2017 11:53 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
tearauth wrote:
tearauth wrote:

and the latest ones even support letsencrypt which would be free

jefftheworld wrote:

You don't need to purchase an SSL cert if you are using Let's Encrypt.

Not all heros wear a cape, we appreciate you

Such sass for no reason. I was just reiterating that you can get a free let's encrypt cert even if your host does not directly support it.

The way that you word it makes it seem that you need to purchase an SSL cert if you choose to manually install it.

UK
jefftheworld wrote:

Such sass for no reason.

Sorry, i was only joking, reading back now i see my retort wasnt funny, and I know you're simply helping out, and I should have made it clear I meant free as in 'you wont have to pay for anything if you use letsencrypt' specifically

Anyway, Lets Encrypt being automatically setup by the cpanel wizard is the ideal solution, but this is only available in newer cpanel versions. I believe when added manually, there's another step in setting up the automagic renewal of the certificate which is yearly, I've not done this myself before since ive only used paid-for godaddy certs

Google is tightening up its policies on SSL, but Lets Encrypt seems to still be fine for now, and it makes sense for chipmusic.org to use it considering the DIY nature of the place

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Firefox is now warning users of any non-secure login.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Fuck yeah! TLS!

Los Angeles
jefftheworld wrote:

Fuck yeah! TLS!

It was fairly painful. The server had to be moved, and the music, and redo / update the music submission form.

Up next: Mobile (which is more painful but ~15% done)

NUMBSKULL

Can help with mobile!

Los Angeles
catskull wrote:

Can help with mobile!

You know much CSS Grid? That's the option I am going with VS redoing all of the markup in Bootstrap.

Los Angeles
bryface wrote:

on a related note: Chrome now blocks flash, which in turn blocks the music players here (and on weeklybeats btw).  you have to right-click the container element and clck "Run this plugin" in order to play a song.  it's worse on weeklybeats because the flash widget is crammed into a 1x1 pixel area.

This is now fixed on Weeklybeats. At some point we will be replacing the music player on CMO but there are bigger issues first.

NUMBSKULL
trash80 wrote:
catskull wrote:

Can help with mobile!

You know much CSS Grid? That's the option I am going with VS redoing all of the markup in Bootstrap.

Full time front end web dev. Haven't messed with it much directly, but I'm sure we can figure it out.

France

wow, well done and thank you for TLS.
Mobile browsing and a html player will be perfect!