Canada

Yes, i'm late to the party, but i have some questions.

i've been using lsdj, an arduinoboy, and an EMX-1 with midi mode for a while now, juts sending start/stop messages to lsdj from the EMX.
Now that i have learned about midiout mode i have been playing with it, it all makes sense and is a lot of fun.

The thing i'm curious about is what do people think is the best way to trigger/program drums?
i'm kind of thinking i'll make noise percussion and set my drum machine to midi channel 4...

Unsubscribe

If you set it to channel 10, it will work automatically with most general midi drums fwiw. You can really do whatever you want.

I take advtange of the ability to set different channels for notes or ccs:

My channels are:
Notes
pu1|pu2|wave|noise
10  | 1 | 1 | 10
So that gives me the ability to sequence up to six drum sounds at once if I use chords. At least kick snare is easy though!

Pu2 and wav is used to sequence an accent synth or my vocoder.

CC channels
10 (7ccs to tweak drum sounds) 1 (1cc scaled set to cc1 to control mod wheel on synth) 1 (Range of 7 CCs) 2 (7ccs, controls my fx pedals)

Glasgow, Scotland.
herr_prof wrote:

If you set it to channel 10, it will work automatically with most general midi drums fwiw. You can really do whatever you want.

Is there an easy way to change the LSDJ MIDI out channels without having to re-flash the arduinoboy? I've left them at the default 1 through 4 because it's too much of a pain to update my main boy for channel changes.

Unsubscribe

Yep, you can do it over midi using the maxpat tool that comes with the code.

Glasgow, Scotland.
herr_prof wrote:

Yep, you can do it over midi using the maxpat tool that comes with the code.

Well I'll be damned. I'll need to look more into this.

Unsubscribe

I realized it wasnt documented very well so i redid the entire manual:
https://github.com/peterswimm/Arduinobo … max-editor

thanks!

Glasgow, Scotland.
herr_prof wrote:

I realized it wasnt documented very well so i redid the entire manual:
https://github.com/peterswimm/Arduinobo … max-editor

Thanks very much! big_smile

Unsubscribe

If there is anything y'all need clarified let me know!

NUMBSKULL

Just merged your docs into my repo. Thanks peter!