Does anyone have a method to separate the three channels on the Nanoloop Mono, enabling each channel to be patched individually through a mixer?

Sweeeeeeden

I think that's what the pads on it are. One is ground, one is +5V, and the other three are probably the individual channel outs. That would require some soldering though.

Really?! I'll check with Oliver about that.

I asked Oliver the same thing a while back, and the only useful outputs available are the mixed pre and post GB amp outputs.

Last edited by darenager (Jul 4, 2017 12:48 am)

Unsubscribe

so whats those pads do? cv control? :D

Most likely just test points, there is a 5v pad, a ground, audio ground pad.

detroit

-slight side track- anyone know if something similar can be done with the 2.x versions ?

╱╲╱╲╱╲╱
barbeque wrote:

if something similar can be done with the 2.x versions ?

Most likely not, since all the sound is generated by CPU

upd: Clarified the person who I answered to smile

Last edited by bitwise (Jul 5, 2017 8:04 pm)

Abandoned on Fire
bitwise wrote:

Most likely not, since all the sound is generated by CPU

Not with Nanoloop mono. All sound is generated by analog components in the cart. The gameboy just acts as sequencer and amp.

So all channels are being fed individually to to the gameboy - with possibilty for getting them out in one fashion or another.  smile

Abandoned on Fire
irony7 wrote:

So all channels are being fed individually to to the gameboy - with possibilty for getting them out in one fashion or another.  smile

They're mixed in the cart and then sent to the game boy through the audio in pin of the cart connector. If the pads aren't channel audio then you'd have to cut into the cart to expose the circuits sad

Thank you, egr.  Cutting won't be happening.

detroit

word

detroit

Last edited by barbeque (Jul 6, 2017 2:12 am)

FWIW I documented a way to get an output direct from the cart without modding the cart, but by modding the GB, it is much louder than even prosound and sounds a lot better, there is still some white noise but it does not have the hum and cpu noise/whine.

Cool. I will try that today.