hardcore, Australia

And the shirt Darce

Middlesbrough, UK

Pretty much what i DJ with, plus a few other bits and bobs, like a mixer etc, VJ set up pic on the way when its done, got a few bits in the post, such as for the moment i cant VJ and DJ at the same time, as i use the Korg PagKontroll for both aplications. so im getting another

Its very compact and very effective, that was what i was going for, netbook, smallest decent usb soundcard, mini KP and a Korg PagKontrol i can hammer on.

Last edited by LastKnight (Jan 10, 2010 5:58 am)

Psydney, Australia

You need to tape more stuff on. Larger stuff. big_smile

NJ/MA

an old setup for live usage.
in action = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvSJ6r8NzE0

New York City
LastKnight wrote:

nd very effective, that was what i was going for, netbook, smallest decent usb soundcard, mini KP and a Korg PagKontrol i can hammer on.

I like your AUDIO2DJ
Do you have latency isues with it and your netbook ? Which version of Traktor do you use and at what latency are you operating

+

+

+

=

1 DMG + KP3. The other stuff on the table is not mine. smile

London, UK

better (tidy) photo big_smile :

Los Angeles

This is our live set-up.

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Jan 12, 2010 6:45 pm)

Baie-St-Paul

live:

home:

Last edited by Ary (get dat lunch) (Jan 12, 2010 7:18 pm)

Los Angeles

What does a screen like that cost Ary?

Baie-St-Paul

louis shannon gave us this one for free... but if i remember correctly it was going to be cheaper to buy a used PSOne with an LCD screen (like 30 bucks) than actually buy the screen, new, on its own (something closer to $80-$90)

Middlesbrough, UK
akira^8GB wrote:
LastKnight wrote:

nd very effective, that was what i was going for, netbook, smallest decent usb soundcard, mini KP and a Korg PagKontrol i can hammer on.

I like your AUDIO2DJ
Do you have latency isues with it and your netbook ? Which version of Traktor do you use and at what latency are you operating

Nice spot there mate, yeh i dunno i get intermittent problems with the sound going T T T t t t t t ... then will be back again, i was always told it was to do with latency, cpu is fine, and latency is sat at default 11ms, witch seemed high to me, but i hear no problems with it when im playing, the card was designed for traktor so i takes the effects on board to do the work there, as far as im told, it was on the first shipment to the uk. im running traktor scratch pro 1.1.1.001 or something similar. im looking to upgrade the netbook, just to see if it fixes the issue, but what the hay, its tiny and all works, i test the sound before i go live, if its acting up it gets a reboot and works fine.

New York City
8bitweapon wrote:

What does a screen like that cost Ary?

NTSC models are cheap and very easy to mod. Louis is the champ in PSOne screen modding (he tipped me on how to mod mine for low consumption when he saw mine attached to my A1200 in my first Pulsewave gig).
Ary's model doesn't seem to be modded for that though. You can still use it but it eats up 7.5VDC (modded you can reduce that to as low as 4 volts)

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 12, 2010 8:31 pm)

New York City
LastKnight wrote:

Nice spot there mate, yeh i dunno i get intermittent problems with the sound going T T T t t t t t ... then will be back again, i was always told it was to do with latency

That's a latency issue. Use manual settings for ASIO and get the total on 15 or something, you will get rid of those more than probably. Also put your netbook on top CPU speed mode. I still get glitches from time to time but I can use even a total of 25ms latency, which is pretty damn small.

the card was designed for traktor so i takes the effects on board to do the work there

No, the card is not a DSP, the effects of Traktor are carried away by the computer's CPU. If you add a lot the CPU load will get higher.
The card is just an AD/DA.

I found Traktor Pro and Scratch are better than Traktor 3 with it, seems to be more optimized.

Middlesbrough, UK
akira^8GB wrote:

No, the card is not a DSP, the effects of Traktor are carried away by the computer's CPU. If you add a lot the CPU load will get higher.
The card is just an AD/DA.

I found Traktor Pro and Scratch are better than Traktor 3 with it, seems to be more optimized.

cool, yeh i did my degree in music tech, and sound design for games, iv just been using the NI Latency program and the settings built into traktor, ill look up the ASIO love. thanks for your help, the CPU is sitting on minimums so im happy with that, so i need to find out where the latency problems are, and see if i can get rid of them settings wise.

edit: all sorted, for some upped the device buffer in the full custom set up, and still its only at 11.5 ms so im pretty chuffed.  thanks for the help,

Last edited by LastKnight (Jan 12, 2010 9:17 pm)