Sweeeeeeden

Inspired by monkeymook and sidslimed on 8bc, I've compiled an archive a GB sound/music software. The archive is arranged as a directory listing, and every directory can have a readme file and a couple of screen shots. The goal is to add that to as many programs as possible, but I just launched the site, so...

http://gbdev.gg8.se/files/musictools/

If your favorite program is missing or there's some weird bug, please tell me about it.

astral cat

very good! smile very helpful.

You should team up with Woolyss and keep a current list forever.

Tacoma WA

heart

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Awesome!  I have most of those programs but some are hard to find (paragon5 was MIA for a while) and having all sorts of readme files is super cool.

I'll look through and see if there's any obscure program I can add, but you seem to have it well covered.

São Paulo, Brazil

thanks a lot nitro!

São Paulo, Brazil

I never tried the Pixelh8 MusicTech software. Is any reason for it not working on my EMS cartridge?

Sweeeeeeden

It's a known bug... Nobody knows why.

São Paulo, Brazil

Damn... thanks anyway buddy.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

thanx for this nitro!
it's a very concise archive.

only suggestion:
what about a "download the entire archive" zip option?

the heart of a mountain

brilliant stuff, really useful..one little glitch, on your pixelh8 page the music tech properformer download link has a milkytracker icon....now that would be a clever port! wink

Last edited by concretedog (Sep 15, 2010 9:47 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

That's what all zip files look like. I actually started off by copying all the icons from Zabu's stuff page that I'm hosting and then added/tweaked icons as needed. And the MT icon, originally used for all binary files, remains for GBA files. I'll try to find a better icon for gba files.

Norfolk, VA

Looks good. Glad to see it coming along well, even if it has only been for about 2 months. tongue

PULSELOOPER wrote:

I never tried the Pixelh8 MusicTech software. Is any reason for it not working on my EMS cartridge?

i got the same problem on my bleep bloop carts, i don't know how you are supposed to use the rom when it wont go on a flash cart

great work nitro as usual!

philly

Do you guys think you'd be able to host a mirror of this site?
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/GBSs/

It's not all gameboy related, but a lot of it is related to gbs files.

If there's a program within there that is worth separating from the rest, for the purposes of what you've got going, it's gbs2gb (you can 'ctrl + f' it to find it). GBS2GB 1.17 allows you to convert gbs files into gb roms for playback on hardware. Without it, I don't know of a good working solution to sample game boy soundtracks from hardware.

Ugetab tragically recently passed away of a brain aneurysm. He was helpful with a lot things and created a bunch of stuff that I used heavily... sad

Last edited by bucky (Nov 17, 2010 6:57 pm)

rochester, ny

are there any tools to create a .gbs file on a desktop computer?