Nice work iLKke. It is more modern! I prefer your skin. thx

Hi, I'm the guy who made this thing. I'm very (very) close to releasing version 1.5 and would like some feedback if there's anything serious enough to delay the release. Thanks.

What's new: http://kometbomb.net/2010/11/29/klystra … proaching/
Download: http://code.google.com/p/klystrack/downloads/list (get the 1.5.0-WIP builds, Windows only)

Klystrack is awesome, but I still haven't managed to wrap my head around how to actually construct a song.

This is like the reverse of GoatTracker. It's easy to make instruments, but hard to arrange them together in any sensible way.

PlainFlavored wrote:

This is like the reverse of GoatTracker. It's easy to make instruments, but hard to arrange them together in any sensible way.

Can you elaborate where exactly this disconnect happens? I know stuff is explained a bit poorly (e.g. how the sequence is not a position list but a pattern "map") but I have always hoped it's at least usable. At least of the little I have used Goat the general composition process doesn't seem that different.

Psydney, Australia
PlainFlavored wrote:

Klystrack is awesome, but I still haven't managed to wrap my head around how to actually construct a song.

Personally I don't see Klystrack as being more complicated than any other tracker.
Perhaps you just failed to find the rmb-menu? big_smile

Hi,

I released klystrack 1.5.1 for Christmas. It fixes some stuff that was still in 1.5.0. Amiga and OSX ports will follow (so far there are only preview builds of 1.5.1 for those platforms).

Here's a random tune I found on Youtube that uses the pattern transpose feature to create fat sound (nice that people notice the stuff I put in the program smile ):

Cheers.

Tokyo, Japan

I just started playing with this over the last day or two, really really like it. It looks like 1.5.2 is out as well. I am finding a couple of the shortcuts a little tricky but damn this is fun.

Brazil

I did this with klystrack

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Apr 18, 2011 11:04 pm)

Tokyo, Japan

That is really nice man!

Psydney, Australia

Guys, don't forget that you can use this thread to ask questions, report bugs and suggest improvements!

Tokyo, Japan

Oooooh! Thanks iLKke I have a couple of ideas which I don't think are in the program but I might have missed them. I need to go through the manual again, I still am very much a beginner at Klys, also I am not a programmer at all so I have no idea how practical these ideas are:

Idea 1 - I think Syphus mentioned this on the facebook page but mappable keyboard shortcuts would be very helpful.

Idea 2 - Shift + 1,2...9 to mute channels in pattern / sequence editor would be super fun for live use, especially with the unmute all command.

Idea 3 - I would really love a "classic/protracker" option for tab behavior in the pattern editor, tabbing to the next channel rather than up to the instrument selector would rule.

Idea 4 - The only shortcut to change instruments being on the keypad makes Klys a little less laptop / netbook friendly. How about something like  alt + 1,2,....9 / alt + f11/12 to select instruments.

Idea 5 - I might be being totally idiotic here but I can't work out how to select rows in the sequence editor, only columns, am I being utterly stupid here?

Idea 6 - LSDJ style "live" mode queuing in the sequence editor?

Idea 7 - Set default pattern length? I like using longer patterns of 1f or 3f rather than 0f, a default pattern setting would be awesome.

Thanks very much for asking for the input and all the work on the tracker guys!

Lazerbeat wrote:

Idea 1 - I think Syphus mentioned this on the facebook page but mappable keyboard shortcuts would be very helpful.

I'm just experimenting with something that makes it possible to translate keyhits to other combinations. If it works, I'll make the different key setups (or more like patches) similar to themes so you can select e.g. AHX style key commands.

Idea 5 - I might be being totally idiotic here but I can't work out how to select rows in the sequence editor, only columns, am I being utterly stupid here?

It only selects one column at a time, for now.

Idea 7 - Set default pattern length? I like using longer patterns of 1f or 3f rather than 0f, a default pattern setting would be awesome

I finally added this (check the nightly later today) smile

Cheers.

Ok, a quick question regarding to keyboard shortcuts: does any of the "classic" keyboard commands rely on which CTRL/shift etc. you press? E.g. are there situations left CTRL + X does something different than right CTRL + X?

New York City

This is pretty cool. I installed it in my eeePC 4G but I don't like that the interface is too narrow. Is there any way it can be made wider? It's not taking the whole 800x600 of screen...

New York City

Regarding keyboard commands: please keep everything compatible with Protracker standards.

Psydney, Australia
akira^8GB wrote:

This is pretty cool. I installed it in my eeePC 4G but I don't like that the interface is too narrow. Is there any way it can be made wider? It's not taking the whole 800x600 of screen...

First you can set pixel size to 2x2 or similar. Second, drag the window size to preference smile