Brooklyn, NY

The Tank in conjunction with Cheese'N'Beer present: DJ TR!P, Neil Voss & Ro-Bear

1/22/2010 at the Tank
354 W 45th Street in New York City
Music starts at 8pm
http://thetanknyc.org
All ages >>> $7

DJ TR!P >>> DJ TR!P is an award winning producer, composer & performer of electronic music based in Adelaide, Australia. His melancholic, gritty & grimy signature palette is a merger of obsolete 8-bit computers & video game consoles and extensive treatment of audio from sessions musicians.

Neil Voss >>> An elusive electronic music vanguard, Voss emerged from the late 80's underground computer scene to produce some of his generation's most highly-regarded videogame soundtracks, notably for the Nintendo64's Tetrisphere and The New Tetris. Pushing synthesizers, samples, instruments and chips together without prejudice, Voss' music has been described as dark, fashionable and often melodic electronics that defy limitations.

Ro-Bear >>> Robert Joffred, or Ro-Bear, initially fell in love with the music of video games early on while playing Tetris Attack and Yoshi's Island on his Super Nintendo. After learning musical instruments from guitar to trombone, he discovered LSDJ in the spring of 2008 and hasn't looked back. Taking influences from Maurice Ravel to Daryl Hall, Ro-Bear focuses on making heavily melodic compositions created from a Nintendo Game Boy.

Visuals by Paris and Gideon!

Last edited by mushpot (Jan 19, 2010 4:47 am)

Melbtown, Lolstralia

yikes

DJ TR!P is playing the TANK

yikes

didn't even know he was in New York... If you read this Tyson congrats, and you should play more Chip gigs in Australia (re: not just DJ sets)

Liverpool, UK

Big congrats to Ro-Bear, dude is awesome!

ad-hell-aide

ADELAIDE REPRESENT!

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
little-scale wrote:

ADELAIDE REPRESENT!

LOL!
Adelaide crew are crawling over NYC!

New York City

Neil Voss, fucking awesome.

Tucson, AZ

Yes, more NEIL VOSS.  I will be there.

killadelphia

would go but fucking 2 NYC weekends in a row might be a $$ problem - i do wish to see Neil Voss again though.  : [

Bronx, NY

Neil goddamn motherfucking Voss.

Philly

I'm super excited for this.
Also, does anyone know where I can find more recordings of Neil Voss?

ad-hell-aide

Can you guys please say hi to DJ Tr!ip for me?

Brooklyn, NY

Phew, really glad this show came together at the last minute, so pumpppppp'd

.. And Tokyo haha

A town shake down

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

How was DJ TR!P?
I was keeping an eye on twitter, thanks for the recordings Nullbagz.

London, UK

I might be being thick here, but has Neil Voss released any of his Gameboy stuff anywhere? Nullsleep put a recording on Twitter of the tune he also does on the Blip 07 DVD. Would love to get a HQ version if possible.