The City Of Angels

Announcing R.G. 2.0 compilation.

This time around it will be submission based and completely unique to the release (to avoid Dubmood rants d|-_o|b ).

Just drop 'em in the soundcloud box or send us a download link via the contact page:

http://trebledeathsystem.com/contact

Only a handful will be chosen.

Keep in mind as the submissions come in they will start shaping the compilation as a whole.... and simply because of that, your track may be rejected due to not fitting in with the overall majority of the release, regardless of how AWESOME it is or not.

That's just how I believe compilations should sound... not just random tracks put together. While it's nice and "cute", as some commodity of the sort, to listen to tunes based on certain limits/specifications and whatnot etc. etc. etc. etc. However, in the long run, when they simply don't go together or compliment one another, I simply don't believe they're worth anyone's time... not mine at least. I could care less if it's a "never been done before compilation" or if it's based on a year off the Mayan calendar.  Say what?

BTW, this is NOT a purist release.

Meaning: if you do anything non-chip, then it is more than welcomed, as long as it's "electronic music" based. Yes, we do tend to lean towards a harsher sound, but that does not dictate on what will be accepted.

Deadline: There is no set deadline date. Basically when we are able to compile a good handful of tracks that work together, it will then be released. But the sooner the better. Preferably in the next coming months.

kbaithx.

PDX
Mono wrote:

Meaning: if you do anything non-chip, then it is more than welcomed, as long as it's "electronic music" based. Yes, we do tend to lean towards a harsher sound, but that does not dictate on what will be accepted.
kbaithx.

I am hoping chipmusic.org will embrace this mentality. I say if it comprises mainly chip elements, be they hardware or software VSTs, it is "chip music."

Last edited by RushCoil (Jan 20, 2010 8:02 am)

You say R.G. 2.0.....what does that mean?

Is it just any electronic music that's a bit chip that you want or what?

Liverpool, UK

Yeah, this is a bit confusing - is there any theme/subject you want the music to cover?

The City Of Angels

R.G. simply stands for "Radio Graffiti". It's just the name of the past compilation that had gone under various versions. The one up on TDS featured Dispyz, Goto80, x|k, Blue Reverberance, and Zooway tunes (did feature Nasenbluten at one point, but since the mp3 versions of the tunes are now being sold, they were removed to respect their wishes and income :p ). It's original purpose was to spread word ultimately:

http://trebledeathsystem.com/releases/18

By electronic music, I mean anything goes really. Run with it. It can have chip in it, it's more than welcome, but it isn't required. However, whether your track will be accepted is based on the overall sound of majority of tracks received by all those who submit. We usually do harsher low-tech sounds, but that isn't to say the compilation will turn out as such.

When and if in doubt, feel free to browse a few tunes on the TDS catalogue.

Is that a bit clearer? If not ask away.

EDIT: There is no "theme"... but if you want one: Just music you enjoy and feel proud of.

That work? ;D

Last edited by Mono (Jan 25, 2010 9:44 pm)