Anaheim, California
Derris-Kharlan wrote:

I get really pissed off whenever I see comments like 'You don't make music so you don't have the right to an opinion/be a part of the scene'
It is such an immature and frankly stupid attitude and it saddens me that I see it so often (especially around a certain site that will remain unnamed)

Also, more on topic, I am REALLY glad that despite this there are a bunch of people who not only enjoy the music but try to actively partake in the scene.

I agree

Brunswick, GA USA

I'm very surprised at how many non-musicians are coming out in this thread, and glad for you all.  Musicians can tell you what sounds harmonious or what has a difficult rhythm.  Fans that don't play instruments can tell you what sounds fun.

Not to devalue the advice I've gotten from other musicians in the past three years, of course.

lolusa

Just bear in mind when you are performing, other chiptune artists are completely irrelevant when all non-musician eyes are on you. Depending where you are performing, you might be popping their v-card when it comes to this music.