Hoxton, London UK
herr_prof wrote:

at least it isnt square! you should put the desk alongside the short wall, and try to elminate the parallel surfaces with some wall treaments.. like books cases or whatnot... Should be decent!

Well box one is ticked there, i guess some absorbent foam is in order. Cheers prof!

http://www.studiospares.com/acoustics/a … stictiles/

maybe i'll coat my entire room, that'll take care of the 'other' problem too....

mwahahahlhbalsdjhblklghlgjgljg

buffalo, NY

I have ADAM A7Xs, they're mid-high end

I also have a KRK sub

The sub is really nice when composing on LSDJ, I can find bass tones in the wav channel that really thump.

Europa surfing on the monolith

Active:

When Traveling..

M-Audio bx5a's

In my project studio...

Samson Resolv 65a's
Mackie HR5's

Passive:

Numerous setups with QSC RMX 2450 amps

Amsterdam

Rokit Powered 8. Very satisfied with them. Flat response. Enough detail (not as much as headphones). Deep bass, no subwoofer needed. Even with the RP5s you don't need a sub if you're in the sweet spot. Payed 500 euros for that pair here in The Netherlands. On eBay you see em for a lot less in the States, but the shipping costs are huge.

Last edited by Diskette Deluxe (May 10, 2011 11:02 am)

liverpool - uk

KRK RP6 G2,  I'm very happy with them.

I just got a pair of Adam P11A.

Before this I only used my headphones (sennheiser HD-650 and akg 271 mk2) and these new monitors are helping me a lot, although I'm still early in the process of learning mixing.

Teeside, UK

M-Audio AV40s... yeah I regret being cheap and not getting a pair of Fostex monitors. Saying that, they are quite good and I can mix quite well with them.

Saving up for some rokits though smile

México, DF.
CMDR wrote:

M-Audio AV-40s... basic

How are those working for you?
Maybe I'll buy those or the BX5A.

Turku, FIN

THIS

It has surround, turbobass and all

My Adam A7Xs have just arrived, looking forward to getting them going!

I miss my NS10's which I had to leave in London 7 years ago, I just never trusted them to baggage handlers.

They have a really flat sound, and after using them for so many years got really good handle on how the sound would translate to different setups and rigs, which I think is the most important aspect in monitors.