Cambridge, UK

i subscribed to your group.
once this project is released i would love to incorporate it with my gear since i use MIDI to interface my devices.
good luck, i am very interested already.

killadelphia

so - let me get this right - you're using the sample channel's DAC - loading ultra small samples in and getting some wavetable synthesis going on it?  -pretty fucking rad!  does this mean you still have a half channel left or can you run 2 wavetables at the same time out of one channel?   like polyphony ala nanoloop 1.5's extra square.  1bit trix like beepola or atari pulsewidth modulation?

Philadelph-ohsh**takecover!!!
animalstyle wrote:

so - let me get this right - you're using the sample channel's DAC - loading ultra small samples in and getting some wavetable synthesis going on it?  -pretty fucking rad!  does this mean you still have a half channel left or can you run 2 wavetables at the same time out of one channel?   like polyphony ala nanoloop 1.5's extra square.  1bit trix like beepola or atari pulsewidth modulation?

this thread is relevant to my interests. Also, the way Deflemask's volume tables for PSG are set up, makes me wonder if you could force pulse width mod on the square channels, too.

Tokyo, Japan

After the rather excellent workshop by Dr Seb at blip AU there are now a handful of these beauties in the wild. I struggled through a first track this morning. I managed to get sound out of all the primary channels of both chips which was awesome. I only did some VERY basic fm synthesis are I find FM with midi cc pretty hard to visualise as you need to manage 4, 5 stage envelopes and their volumes. I havent messed with the custom wave form at all yet but and the psg noise channel seems very odd but fuck me it is fun!

Is anyone else using theirs? Any thoughts? Comments? What software you are using?

Turku, FIN

I would so much like to get my hands on one of these. Seems like super awesome stuff!

matt's mind
KeFF wrote:

I would so much like to get my hands on one of these. Seems like super awesome stuff!

yes!

IL, US

do want

New York City

Yeah I want one too... Nobody out there planning to build any?

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 26, 2012 4:29 pm)

Unsubscribe

things im dying to find out

- Does it offer patch storage or any onboard presets?
- Are the midi channels fixed per channel or are they freely assignable?
- Does it allow you to play or load your own sample based instruments?

São Paulo, Brazil

Hell, I´ll want one of this.

Like I say, midi is the "future" of chipmusic.

New York City
herr_prof wrote:

These two same questions.

Rhode Island

good god i want to build one of these so bad. I was excited when i saw he had a workshop but saddened when i realized i was on another continent. my genesis is just sitting here gathering dust right now. it needs to be put to better use

Tokyo, Japan

I can only tell you what my unit does. I don't know if it will be the same as the final production run.

herr_prof wrote:

No onboard patch storage everything is midi cc. There are 16 fairly standard 4op FM presets.

herr_prof wrote:

Fixed, 1-5 FM, 6 FM or DAC or Custom Wav, 7-9 PSG square, 10 PSG noise

herr_prof wrote:

- Does it allow you to play or load your own sample based instruments?

No, im assuming you can hack then reflash the rom but there isnt a simple was to do it that I am aware of unless seb is keeping secrets.

ad-hell-aide

- There are onboard "factory" presets. No way to save your own.

- There are onboard "factory" samples. No way to add your own.

(Both of these things *have the possibility* of being addressed via a USB-based firmware update (via Linux / Mac OS X / Windows). For the sample, I would envisage something like the LSDJ sample manager. For the presets, they would be stored to nonvolatile memory.)

ad-hell-aide

People are more than welcome to brainstorm ideas and feature requests - however, there is no current time line to implement any feature requests.

Currently my priorities with this are: getting a preorders page setup (assuming people are still interested in these) and then actually making them and getting them out to people.

There are plenty of things that can be implemented via USB firmware upgrades, and anyone that purchases or preorders an interface will receive free USB firmware updates for the life of that particular hardware configuration.

Last edited by little-scale (Feb 27, 2012 12:31 am)

ad-hell-aide

I hope people don't mind.