Adelaide, Australia

that was where i learned about chiptune.

lol

Hi Guys,

Producer of the segment here. Thanks for all the positive feedback and also thanks to everyone who participated and much appreciation to the audience and talent for being patient with us during the 2 nights and days. It can be difficult when someone is randomly shoving a camera into your face =p. But I'm glad that our respect for the music and the scene came through in the final segment. We had a blast making it and Goose and I are massive fans of the music. Keep in touch and keep watching Good Game!

cheers,

LJ

San Diego, CA

god this is so good! I'm a fan of the half-second you see the Ziggurat game on there.

it's very refreshing to see that some people are still capable of taking a subject and not trying to be snarky right off the bat!

hardcore, Australia

They've followed up with another segment on their kids oriented "good game spawn point"

http://www.abc.net.au/abc3/goodgamesp/video/

It's actually reasonably educational beyond a reference to "soldering a chip into a modern synthesizer".

download here
http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/tv/goodgame … s3_ep5.mp4

Last edited by godinpants (Mar 16, 2012 10:24 pm)

Gosford, Australia

Heh, a lot of the terminology they used (esp "triangle and sawtooth waves") is going to airplane right over kids' heads but yeah, that was class!

Last edited by Victory Road (Mar 16, 2012 10:50 pm)

Tokyo, Japan

Amaze! Can just imagine if they interviewed Abortifacient instead of Kristy about what chip music is:

"Yeah, well it's just making a load of bass on old computers and that shit like innit? Cunts!"

Tokyo, Japan

Also, bagsy "DJ Mixmaster Flashdrive"

Armidale NSW Australia :D
godinpants wrote:

They've followed up with another segment on their kids oriented "good game spawn point"

http://www.abc.net.au/abc3/goodgamesp/video/

It's actually reasonably educational beyond a reference to "soldering a chip into a modern synthesizer".

download here
http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/tv/goodgame … s3_ep5.mp4

"soldering a chip into a modern synthesizer". ........ i wonder what he was thinking when he said that lolz
But really i think some of the stuff a lot of kids wouldn't understand

Last edited by square0ne (Mar 16, 2012 11:44 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

I think you're giving kids too little credit. I didn't grow up when search engines were ubiquitous but kids growing up now have that shit at their finger tips. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to key in a search string. tongue

New York City
cheapshot wrote:

Also, bagsy "DJ Mixmaster Flashdrive"

I got to use this name, damn.

Gosford, Australia
celsius wrote:

I didn't grow up when search engines were ubiquitous but kids growing up now have that shit at their finger tips. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to key in a search string. tongue

True, but I don't think many kids would care enough to look into it. When I was 12 and actually starting to dabble in electronic music I still couldn't have cared less about saws and sines; I just wanted to put bass boost on everything :V

Melbourne, Australia

Kids are naturally curious though and want to understand things. I really like that they didn't dumb it down too much, and I think geeky kids watching good game would understand "chip" and "synthesizer" tongue

Gosford, Australia

For sure, especially once they start entering the formal operational stage (aww yeah droppin' psyc101 all up in 'ere!)

But yeah! There's enough simple-language explanation there for people of any age to be able to fill in the blanks. I just thought it was funny that they were like "hey guys sawtooth and triangle waves!" without any visual cues, not even an oscilloscope or anything! tongue

Armidale NSW Australia :D

Okay but things could get out of hand if kids start soldering cartridges into their consoles tongue

Dont you guys think that they used more technical language in the kids show compared to the adult one?

hardcore, Australia

I think that the difference was that the "adult" show was more "check it guys, come party and that"
while the kids one was more "here's this cool thing and some stuff about it"

Melbourne, Australia

Agreed. The shows were about different things. The adult one was about Blip, the kids one was about what is chipmusic. There wasn't a requirement for technical language in the Blip show, especially when they had already done a "what is chip" segment a few years ago.