This is the mixer I bought a couple months ago.
Perfect if you're in the "all I have is a twenty and only need 4 inputs/1 output and none of those EQ knobs 'n shit" boat that I was in.

Hello all smile
I'm new here smile

I've been discovering LSDJ and Nanoloop for a couple of months now and I'm willing to buy a mixer.
I'm using a Gameboy for LSDJ and a Nexus 7 running Nanoloop for the moment. I'll probably add some other things (circuit bent seems so interesting)

The thing is, I'd like to use these things together but I'd like to record them as well. Should I buy one Mixer with USB or a normal mixer and connect it to a USB interface? I was thinking on buying one Behringer mixer (502, 302 or even 802). Which should I buy?

Btw, does anyone here use guitar pedal/effects with gameboys? Just saw some videos and it looks amazing.

Thank you smile

renavspainatal wrote:

I'm willing to buy a mixer.
Which should I buy?

Btw, does anyone here use guitar pedal/effects with gameboys? Just saw some videos and it looks amazing.

Thank you smile

Why not get a mixer that has a boatload of effects built right in to it?
i am running a km202. it is tits. and i am gonna have it circuit bent. getlofi is gonna do it for me.

Mixers with effects aren't a lot more expensive?

Last edited by renavspainatal (May 8, 2013 3:15 pm)

I scored my km202 for 250 bucks. i will pay 50 bucks to pitch mod it...kicking myself now coz i found one for 200 somewhere else.

Last edited by bitjacker (May 8, 2013 3:36 pm)

That's a bit out of my budget. I'll probably just buy a mixer for the moment. Asked about the pedals because it's a cheap way to have extra fun.

I'm looking at this:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHQ802USB

Super cheap, got all the inputs I need.
The USB out should let me record each channel separately into my DAW right? Can anyone clarify on that?

Can anyone comment on this one?

Zef wrote:

I'm looking at this:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHQ802USB

Super cheap, got all the inputs I need.
The USB out should let me record each channel separately into my DAW right? Can anyone clarify on that?

Can anyone comment on this one?

i can't really answer your questions, but that mixer actually looks really interesting!  it's a relatively new mixer in the xenyx line?

my current live setup involves a XENYX 1202FX + a breakout audio interface + laptop for effects, but i'd like to streamline that setup as much as possible, by having a smaller mixer with less inputs, and by taking the audio interface out of the equation.   this might be right up my alley (assuming it actually sounds good enough).

bryface wrote:
Zef wrote:

I'm looking at this:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHQ802USB

Super cheap, got all the inputs I need.
The USB out should let me record each channel separately into my DAW right? Can anyone clarify on that?

Can anyone comment on this one?

i can't really answer your questions, but that mixer actually looks really interesting!  it's a relatively new mixer in the xenyx line?

my current live setup involves a XENYX 1202FX + a breakout audio interface + laptop for effects, but i'd like to streamline that setup as much as possible, by having a smaller mixer with less inputs, and by taking the audio interface out of the equation.   this might be right up my alley (assuming it actually sounds good enough).

Yeah, from the reviews apparently the USB interface isn't the greatest, but I think it's still worth me checking out for that price. I believe it's brand new as of this year, someone in the reviews said it uses USB 1, which seems unlikely and rather silly to me.

Zef wrote:

I'm looking at this:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHQ802USB
The USB out should let me record each channel separately into my DAW right? Can anyone clarify on that?

I don't think there's a USB mixer on the market that allows you to record each channel separately. The all only do a stereo mix. If you want something that does multitrack, you gotta go firewire. Like this: http://www.mackie.com/products/onyx820i/

Id say there isnt ANYdirect out mixer on the market. Your best bet for something like that is to find something with ADAT out and a soundcard with adat in.

Ahh, that's too bad. Seems like something that would be useful; In that case I don't really need the USB version and might just go for the standard Xenyx 802.

renavspainatal wrote:

Hello all smile
I'm new here smile

I've been discovering LSDJ and Nanoloop for a couple of months now and I'm willing to buy a mixer.
I'm using a Gameboy for LSDJ and a Nexus 7 running Nanoloop for the moment. I'll probably add some other things (circuit bent seems so interesting)

The thing is, I'd like to use these things together but I'd like to record them as well. Should I buy one Mixer with USB or a normal mixer and connect it to a USB interface? I was thinking on buying one Behringer mixer (502, 302 or even 802). Which should I buy?

Btw, does anyone here use guitar pedal/effects with gameboys? Just saw some videos and it looks amazing.

Thank you smile

Same answer for me?

BLEO wrote:
Zef wrote:

I'm looking at this:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHQ802USB
The USB out should let me record each channel separately into my DAW right? Can anyone clarify on that?

I don't think there's a USB mixer on the market that allows you to record each channel separately. The all only do a stereo mix. If you want something that does multitrack, you gotta go firewire. Like this: http://www.mackie.com/products/onyx820i/

brady is, naturally, correct...i have an 820i, and can recommend it pretty highly.. the eqs are nice, even sweepable mids on two channels... option to send individual tracks either pre or post eq...


and ive used pedals with chip stuff for years, on and off, works pretty well with distortions and delays (or octave pedals if you want that super low frequency action)

Last edited by e.s.c. (May 8, 2013 9:21 pm)

I went and bought the standard Xenyx 802, don't think I need the USB, and I already know it's a decent mixer, I've been using my buddy's.

the 802s are the cat's meow. i have the eurorack 802 (i got it because it was cheaper than the xenyx 802 at the time, and the only difference is color) and i highly recommend it.

can we also post recommended usb-audio interfaces? i'm having trouble finding a good and affordable one.