Youngstown, OH

I think 2011 I tried a little databending. Here's a picture of my buddy Billy that I like because of the head split and a picture of me that I thought was kind of neat.

Also to the OP, that obama one is awesome. Really cool subtle effect. Awesome colors.

Last edited by sleepytimejesse (Feb 3, 2013 11:53 pm)

ohio gozaimasu
radian wrote:
MostNoble9 wrote:

[...]Although you know what each individual effect does[...]

Well I've used a hex editor but not messed with an audioeditor much, do you keep notes or anything online ?

http://imgur.com/a/IJQx7#0

Brighton

Awesome, exactly what I hoped for.

mad max i bent a while ago.. honestly the wordpad effect is so easy that i feel ridiculous even saying "i bent" it.

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Feb 4, 2013 12:53 am)

Douglas, Wyoming

I dabble.

shanghai

did some a few yrs back.....never bother now really.

Harrisonburg, Virginia

I databent two images. Haven't done anything since:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … amp;type=3

› Show Spoiler

Last edited by Russellian (Feb 4, 2013 6:06 am)

Nottingham, UK

If you find the the right picture you can get some really nice colours.It's a shame they look so grainy zoomed in. Might just have to find enormous pictures and then shrink down the results

Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Last edited by xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx (Feb 7, 2013 4:01 am)

ohio gozaimasu
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

If you find the the right picture you can get some really nice colours.It's a shame they look so grainy zoomed in. Might just have to find enormous pictures and then shrink down the results

Mmmmm that is nice

Nottingham, UK

I think this'll be pretty cool if I work in a lot more frames, smooth it out and and slow it down.

Seeing as data bending died, I figured I'd get ahead of the curve for when it makes a comeback.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Feb 15, 2013 2:42 pm)

Douglas, Wyoming

This was another I did then did some stuff with it in photoshop

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I recently did a little dabbling in some bending with audacity. . .

› And here it is with a filter from an app:

I'm pretty happy with how the horizontal lines came out.

This looks awesome! How do you people do this? Looks cool, would give it a try if I knew how it worked

Nottingham, UK
Lavar wrote:

This looks awesome! How do you people do this? Looks cool, would give it a try if I knew how it worked

The most basic way is to take an uncompressed image file (.bmp is a good place to start) and put it into word pad. Then save and add .bmp back on to the file.

There are more complicated ways involving using audacity to effect the raw image data.