Los Angeles, CA

No matter what picture I try to do this with, the wordpad method does not work. The file will not open.

Because of this thread I started messing around with the Audacity method and it's somewhat fun, but it also reminded me that you can make some amazing sounds by importing random files into sound editors, which in my mind can be much cooler than Databending, haha.

this is an audacity glitch of space- don't super love how it turned out, but it was my first audaciglitch so i figured i'd put it here wink

ha i put my audacity glitch from up there ^ through wordpad and got this bad mamma jamma

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Feb 17, 2013 12:44 am)

ohio gozaimasu
Wizwars wrote:

it also reminded me that you can make some amazing sounds by importing random files into sound editors, which in my mind can be much cooler than Databending, haha.

That is databending

Los Angeles, CA

Thread inspired me to do some glitches in Audacity.  This one turned out the best.

I too use Audacity. I like it.

canada

i once did this one time

and now i did this but it is through a BLUE FILTER

I started a little trend of this at the art school I go to. Some of this is just me dicking around while some of them have alot more depth and are completed pieces. And for those who keep breaking their images, if you have photoshop you can save your file as a RAW image and make the header 0. Then you can do whatever you want to it without breaking the image.

my broski's head asplode

Nottingham, UK
defPREMIUM wrote:

this is an audacity glitch of space- don't super love how it turned out, but it was my first audaciglitch so i figured i'd put it here wink

What are you talking about? that's beautiful! I much prefer broad stroke, colourful bends to sliced up ones

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Feb 17, 2013 11:05 am)

Got the .bmp method to work with one picture, here's the result:

It only worked with this image, can't get it to work with other images. Trying to figure out the audacity method, but getting nothing so far.

Nottingham, UK
Lavar wrote:

It only worked with this image, can't get it to work with other images. Trying to figure out the audacity method, but getting nothing so far.

With audacity import raw data and be sure to choose either U-law or A-law in encoding.

Use what ever effects you want but leave a gap at the start so you don't damage the header.

When you export make sure you add the right extension and choose "raw" and either u-law or a-law in the encoding depending on what you chose to start with.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Feb 18, 2013 1:03 am)

ForaBrokenEarth wrote:
Lavar wrote:

With audacity import raw data and be sure to choose either U-law or A-law in encoding.

Use what ever effects you want but leave as gap at the star so you don't damage the header.

When you export make sure you add the right extension and choose "raw" and either u-law or a-law in the encoding depending on what you chose to start with.

Thanks, got it to work. Going to mess with it some more and I'll post something when I get something interesting!

Nottingham, UK

Been working on some ideas for promotional material for my project...

Murcia, Spain

Never heard of this, until I luckily got to this thread!

I've been wandering around the net for a few hours until I more or less have understood the basic how-to. Here's what I just got from Audacity:

Hope it's not too heavy in size... I didn't resize it or anything xD

Last edited by DogTag (Feb 18, 2013 12:43 pm)

ad-hell-aide

thought i would post this in here: http://www.little-scale.blogspot.com.au … iller.html

smile