Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

So as to not pump shit through the forum once a fortnight or so, I thought I should condense all updates about future TWG articles into a single thread! By 'articles' I mean the planned series of journalistic pieces I have begun working on which involve the chiptune scene, not the other interviews/release posts/news stuff that gets posted as well!
Without further ado, the first article: Is about the relationship between the indie gaming scene, the chiptune scene and the internet, featuring words taken from interviews I conducted with Disasterpeace and James Primate about the subject of soundtrack composition. [side note: originally written for an 1000 word article assignment for uni, this version has some small editing etc, but was originally written for those who didn't know what indie gaming or chiptune was, though it has been re-appropriated to remove some of the info about the chipscene background].
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Soundtrack To The Future|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by AndrewKilpatrick (Jul 22, 2014 4:49 pm)

Did a review for Monomer's Quite Operational which was released on Ubiktune.
Available here!

Abandoned on Fire

I really enjoy your interviews, essays, reviews, writing in general.  You're doing the chipscene a great service.

egr wrote:

I really enjoy your interviews, essays, reviews, writing in general.  You're doing the chipscene a great service.

Cheers man! heart

Review of Chema64's 'Zapotecno' is up!
Readable here

Review of Feryl's self-released EP 'Crossing' is up!
Read it here!

Review of Origami Repetika's EP 'Little Bumble' is up!
Read it here!
Also, the Chema64 review has now been cross posted on DJ Cutman's blog here, and the aforementioned Origami Repetika review is also readable over on the Chiptune=Win Blog.
Enjoy! heart

Last edited by AndrewKilpatrick (May 11, 2013 2:35 pm)

Review of MrWimmer's release 'Once More Unto The Breach' is up!
Read it here!

Review of b4by f4c3's 'waVes' is up!
Read it here!

Madriz, Supain
AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

Read it here!

You completely miss the point in bf ep, and I like datatrash records too but maybe you shouldnt lick their asses that much and embrace that not every "unhappy" chip is "chiptrash".  Obviously, critics are subjective and I have to respect your opinion, wich is pretty sad.

SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:
AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

Read it here!

You completely miss the point in bf ep, and I like datatrash records too but maybe you shouldnt lick their asses that much and embrace that not every "unhappy" chip is "chiptrash".  Obviously, critics are subjective and I have to respect your opinion, wich is pretty sad.

No one is licking anyone's ass. And you don't have to respect my opinion, just don't read it.

IL, US

yeah, kind of a rude overreaction to a review that i read as being overall positive (well moreso than any review of anything ive released has ever been, at least)

Madriz, Supain

I read whatever I want as well as anybody can review anything they want. My opinion against your opinion is as valid.

I think there are some insulting points in the review basically missing the point.

Well you have gone on twice now about all the insulting points and have yet to list one other that he missed it....what was the point?

I think its very clear you read whatever you wanted

oh yeah and not every "unhappy" chip is "chiptrash"

Chicago

I feel like this discussion should probably be on babyface's release thread. But as a fan of both his work and chipthrash, i have never felt he has. gone for that sound specifically