Columbus, OH

I just received my LSDJ cart from the Blip '09 a couple of weeks ago, and I've been having issues of it failing to hold saves. I can't seem to spot what I'm doing that's making the cartridge lose saves and instruments, but it's frustrating to put 5 or 6 hours into a song and have it disappear a few days later.

I've been using it on a DMG. I have left it in the DMG basically since I received it, could that be the problem? I didn't think that the DMG's caused battery issues like Pockets and Colors.

Any help would be great guys, I hope it's something I'm doing wrong, and not the battery, though soldering isn't a problem.

Melbourne, Australia

what type of cart is it specifically. Bleepbloop regular, one with USB, a 64M USB cart, 32M?

Adelaide, Australia

As Vytantus points out, it will depend on the type of cartridge, but it does sound like a battery issue to me. That'd be the first thing I'd check.

Columbus, OH

This kind, which I can only assume is a Bleepbloop regular. As I mentioned, got it from the Kickstarter through Blip '09.

matt's mind

its an EMS 32M Smart Card. 

the battery needs replacing.  you'll need to pick one up somewhere.

myself, rob webb, nonfinite, possibly others have them. 

that should fix your issue though!  the battery is on its last legs I think.

Actually, you'll want someone to back-up your sav file before switching out the battery.

or better yet, when you purchase your battery, get in touch with the seller and ask them to switch out the battery for you, and back-up your sav file and have them e-mail it to you.  it takes little time to do this.

Tacoma WA
NinjetiPanda wrote:

I just received my LSDJ cart from the Blip '09 a couple of weeks ago, and I've been having issues of it failing to hold saves. I can't seem to spot what I'm doing that's making the cartridge lose saves and instruments, but it's frustrating to put 5 or 6 hours into a song and have it disappear a few days later.

I've been using it on a DMG. I have left it in the DMG basically since I received it, could that be the problem? I didn't think that the DMG's caused battery issues like Pockets and Colors.

Any help would be great guys, I hope it's something I'm doing wrong, and not the battery, though soldering isn't a problem.

if it was me i would be getting ahold of the people i got it from.  it has issues and that sucks batteries are supposed to last longer than a couple of weeks, but then these things happen

Columbus, OH

Yeah, I might be emailing Mike Rosenthal and seeing if they can cover it, it was supposed to come with sav files preloaded, which weren't there.

Thanks guys, and Kitsch, it isn't holding sav files more than a few days, which is annoying since I just got it.

Unsubscribe

Yea email mike, he will STRAIGHTEN YOU OUT. Keep in mind these carts are many years old, so shit happens, right?

Brooklyn NY US

Sorry for that -- yeah in every batch of blank carts, a small percentage (2% - 5%) turn out to arrive with weak or dead batteries. We'll get this sorted out for you. NinjetiPanda, drop me an e-mail (I'm at  bit dot shifter at bit dot shifter dot net) and we'll take things from there. Sorry for this.

Cambridge, MA

Completely offtopic but I couldn't help but laugh at all the dots... big_smile

Melbourne, Australia

Is rob webs shop even oporating anymore?

Columbus, OH

It's cool, I'm not that upset or anything about it, as Herr_prof said shit happens. I just sent you an email, thanks for the help everybody!

Last edited by NinjetiPanda (Mar 24, 2010 12:49 am)