Nomad's Land

At the moment, both versions are exactly the same. However, on the long run TI82 will be the better choice, since it has slightly more user RAM. So if you intent to buy a TI, get a TI82. (Don't get the 82CS though, as mentioned before, it sucks, and HT won't work on it).

Matthew Joseph Payne
irrlichtproject wrote:

TI83+ port will probably follow very soon.

going crazy waiting! heart

California

Is there any way to get the sound output from a TI emulator?

Nomad's Land

Yup, on Windows you can use VTI 2.5. This one is a bit buggy, make sure you always turn off sound support before closing the emu.

Alternatively, for both Win and *nix you can use the latest beta of Tilem2.

Will this work on the newer TI-84 Plus? They use these at my school :3

Nomad's Land

Et voilà, the 83+ port is done. Tested it with MirageOS and DoorsCS, but it should work on any newer shell. Also the latest version fixes a minor bug in the 83 port which caused problems with one of the drum sounds.
Unfortunately, I had to reduce the maximum song size in the 83+ version, since the user RAM is much smaller on this machine. In the future, I'll probably need to cut down the 83 version as well.
As with the 83 port, I have no means of testing this on real hardware, so use it at your own risk. Btw if anybody happens to own a TI73, the 83+ version will probably work on that as well.

Anyway, download as always at http://irrlichtproject.de/downloads/houston.zip (contains builds for all supported calcs)

As far as 84+ is concerned, I've said it before and I'll say it again: No, it doesn't work, and I don't plan on supporting it in the near future. There are more interesting things you can do with this one.

Nomad's Land

Contrary to what I wrote earlier, the 83+ version actually seems to work on the 84+. Some keys might be messed up though, not really sure since I have no means of checking that.

However, be warned: Do not put Houston Tracker on a calc that you need to use for school/university. HT uses the entire RAM, so using Lists/Matrices/Y-Vars and alike is pretty much out of the question once it's installed.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Apr 20, 2013 5:37 pm)

How does one connect a TI-82 to a computer to put this on there? If you can't, how to you put this on to one?

I was going to ask for a TI-89 port because I still have one lying around, but then I noticed you said Z80-based and the 89 has a 68000 CPU according to Wikipedia. hmm

Nomad's Land

well, there's actually a ZX Spectrum emulator for the 68k series. Supposedly it has sound support, too. I doubt it'll be very accurate, but you might want to try it anyway...

@Elektronikz: http://irrlichtproject.de/houston/manua … quirements

Nomad's Land

Houston Tracker 0.3 is ready.

New stuff in this version:
- New load/save system with multiple save slots. No internal compression yet, though.
- A new drum sound
- A feature to mute channels seperatly. Affects only single row play mode, but also works for copy/paste.
- "Light" versions which take up half the memory, but at the cost of a reduced maximum song length. Well, 1000 rows should still be enough to make some decent music.
- Various internal optimizations.

Download

Nomad's Land

Received my USB link cable (aka "SilverLink") yesterday. I can now confirm that it does in fact work with TI82 and TiLP 1.6. So, no more fiddling around with dodgy parallel/serial cables.

In order to use the USB cable with TI82 (and the other supported TI calcs as well), make sure you
1) Install TiLP 1.6 or up, and the included SilverLink driver, before plugging the cable into your computer for the first time
2) Do not install any official TI connectivity software, it will not work and will mess up the TiLP install.

Way cool! I need to order one of those then. Looking forward to finally using my TI82. smile
Thanks for all your hard work!

Unsubscribe

Is there supposed to be a driver with TILP? If not does anyone know where you can find one to install without using ticonnect?

Nomad's Land

Yes, TiLP includes the USB SilverLink driver.

SLC, UT

If I buy a ti 82 off eBay is there anyone who would 'flash' it with this for me? The cable is more expensive than the calc!

Also, possibility of an 'internal prosound'? As in adding and 1/8 inch jack. Possible?

Really excited about this project! Saw a sweet demo for the 84 (I think) the other day and it got me way excited. I'd love to see a comp someday!