SLC, UT

Not sure if this is a universal bug or not. When I upload my new avatar (it's the correct size and everything) and then refresh the page nothing happens. That's basically it. The old avatar is still there. I can delete it though. Just not update it.

Psydney, Australia

DNS cache?

Sweeeeeeden

The avatar, it's just that your browser aggressively refuses to load the new avatar. You could always go to the avatar directly and hit refresh. Next time you refresh a page with your avatar, you should now see the new avatar there as well.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/img/avatars/1942.png

Of course, this affects only yourself, not anyone else. Let me see if I can make a quick hack to fix it.

Sweeeeeeden

Quick hack engaged. This should work better now.

SLC, UT

Huh, that link you posted was to my old avatar. But I can see my new one now. So your quick hack worked! Thanks again!

Sweeeeeeden

Well no it's not. I don't think you understand the concept of the browser's cache. If you would have clicked that link and then hit refresh, you would have seen your new avatar.

SLC, UT

Oh sorry apparently I don't read well. Yeah I get it now....thanks.

Side note: my avatar's file is 1942.png

西安
nitro2k01 wrote:

Quick hack engaged.

Scary, scary words.

Sweden

Well, it's simple and nifty enough, just supplying the last update time as a GET parameter to force a reload whenever it's changed.

Sweeeeeeden
viciousitaly wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

Quick hack engaged.

Scary, scary words.

CM is now vulnerable to SQL injections in 400 places.