ohgodno, Indiana

What types of mods should i do to the Stylophone besides midi?
Any random schematics would be great

inb4 google: couldn't find nothing but shit mods or midi

Thanks heart

Turku, FIN

Midi!

Czech republic

I think TraceKaiser might help you with that. Try to PM him.
This is his video if I remember correctly.

edit: I'd also suggest getting the original Stylophone for circuit bending (even though TraceKaiser is using the new one)

Last edited by ashimoke (Mar 25, 2013 9:49 am)

ohgodno, Indiana
ashimoke wrote:

I think TraceKaiser might help you with that. Try to PM him.
This is his video if I remember correctly.

edit: I'd also suggest getting the original Stylophone for circuit bending (even though TraceKaiser is using the new one)

Yea im VERY tempted to get one of the original ones, found one in pretty good condition on ebay for like $200

Czech republic
b4by f4c3 wrote:

Yea im VERY tempted to get one of the original ones, found one in pretty good condition on ebay for like $200

Whoa, are we talking about the same thing? You mean this one, right?

It's Stylophone 350s, pretty cool machine and I wish I had one. But I meant the original Stylophone in the same form like the one you posted. It has all analog inner circuity. And you can get it for cheap on ebay.

ohgodno, Indiana

Soo this one? box and all looks the same as the one I got from like I think ThinkGeek for like $20, but yea i totally gatta get the top 'older' one wink

Czech republic
b4by f4c3 wrote:

box and all looks the same as the one I got from like I think ThinkGeek for like $20

Yeah, it looks very similar but the circuit inside is totaly different.
The one you got is reissue of the original 1968 model (on the picture with box).

b4by f4c3 wrote:

yea i totally gatta get the top 'older' one wink

It's not older, only a Pro version released approximately at the same time as the classic small one.

edit: And now you resurrected my suppressed desire to get the 350S yikes

Last edited by ashimoke (Mar 25, 2013 9:33 pm)

What's the difference between the green boxed one and the pink boxed one?

Czech republic
nerdsome wrote:

Pink box is the original design (first produced in 1968). Had some variations over time.
Green one is reissue deisgn from 2007 (i think). Has more features (3 sounds, audio input) and similar sound but completelly different circuity.

ashimoke wrote:
nerdsome wrote:

Pink box is the original design (first produced in 1968). Had some variations over time.
Green one is reissue deisgn from 2007 (i think). Has more features (3 sounds, audio input) and similar sound but completelly different circuity.

Gotcha.  I have the one in the green box and I think I bought it in like 2008ish so that seems like the right time.  I thought the original one came in a white box.  I'd never seen the pink box before.

West Yorks, UK

judging by the graphics alone id say the pink box is the original. that and the yellowed box, and the white box vercoming in multiple variations

Czech republic

go here to find the truth

West Yorks, UK

interesting!

I like how they used to include records and manuals to teach the buyer to play a monophonic instrument that's less than 2 octaves.  If someone can't play a melody on a stylophone right out of the box, then they probably will never be able to play anything.

West Yorks, UK

what about adding in a simple analogue/ digital filter? and/ or a pt delay circuit? aside from midi, feedback and the shit mods!

Czech Republic

Hello.
I did octave switch instead on/off switch by adding some trimmers in my new stylophone
It's hard to tune it right now in every of three voices, but it can be done and it works nice
really usefull
i did a new on/off switch and 6.3 jack line out on the side of stylophone.