FRANCE

Just quickly put together a few raw audio recording (unmixed) I have made during early fmdrive 2612 development process.
FMDRIVE is in MD1 mode.
the last one is an experiment with SSG  just (a reverb added) to make a jazzy miles davis trumpet sound in the background ...:)
I will add proper audio demos on the website!.

.FILTHadelphia

Release this. Now.

FRANCE
Saskrotch wrote:
Aly James wrote:

MAC: Actually you can test loading windows VST with this free tool : http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php/en/ … ds#mac-osx might be a bit slower than native version but people should give it a try.

If there is any interest I may add native MAC support in the future (the actual code is not portable so it would need a complete rewriting)

Downloading VFX to test it out, but I think native Mac support would be better, since this (I'm pretty sure) is just a stand alone application for windows VSTs. I can't speak for everyone else, but I like to run a bunch of different chip VSTs / Hardware simultaneously through Live, and this would be a perfect addition to what I'm using now.

I don't have any coding experience at all, but if you need a beta tester for a mac version down the line, send me an email unless I've killed myself by the time you start working on it.

thanks for the offer smile
but to be clear I might not support native mac for now as i am running out of time for other projects ^^ time is a bitch.
I read somewhere there is a solution : Steal your best friend old PC.
just kidding, there is some solution to midi sync a pc & a mac, so i think you could sync a standalone app on your mac that support midi in and out to your daw ...?
sorry i got no mac to test it out yet tongue

PS: don't kill yourself b4 testing smile

FRANCE
defiantsystems wrote:

Release this. Now.

as I said, It will be out b4 april 14 ;p

FRANCE

Just added to the DAC Custom waveform :
DRAW MODE or LFSR (random bytes generated, clock divider, sync with host tempo)...tasty! smile

Last edited by BlakePalmer (Mar 20, 2018 11:00 pm)

I do soundfonts with samples that is best for me genskmod extracting or converting but the vst is perfect

Earth
Aly James wrote:

Just quickly put together a few raw audio recording (unmixed) I have made during early fmdrive 2612 development process.
FMDRIVE is in MD1 mode.
the last one is an experiment with SSG  just (a reverb added) to make a jazzy miles davis trumpet sound in the background ...:)
I will add proper audio demos on the website!.

Whoa that's gnarls. I want one.

FRANCE

I will put another nice sound preview tonight !
The 45 pages manual is done and the website is almost ready to receive the baby.
you can start to lurk around at www.alyjameslab.com
I also plan to do a series of video tutorials next
the paypal button will work APRIL 14 smile
So far it works great and should run on any DAW, It have been tested in CUBASE,ABLETON,FLSTUDIO,RENOISE and Standalone VST Host

FRANCE
cris wrote:

I do soundfonts with samples that is best for me genskmod extracting or converting but the vst is perfect

Yep soundfonts can do the job but they are "STATIC" samples, so you miss the full power of FM synthesis, adding live control on top of hundred parameters can truly expand your sound smile

FRANCE

Sooo it is out! a bunch already sent smile  you will find all the infos at www.alyjameslab.com
a new sound model have been added
BROKEN MD2... ^^

Somewhere out there...

This sounds like a promising plugin. Looking forward to trying it out!

Austin, TX

Donated! This is looking awesome, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Also, for anyone here looking to try out making music with the Genesis, even through trackers like Deflemask or VGM_MM, Aly's manual for the FMDrive is fantastic at spelling out the features and the basics of making FM instruments. I wish I had a resource like this when I started off with VGM_MM. Thanks a ton for making it free! I hope it helps more people looking to work on this great platform.

Donated.
Congratulations Aly on the release.
Mega work!
I'm blown away by the thorough research and the beautiful graphics.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
Fatal Labyrinth wrote:

.... Aly's manual for the FMDrive is fantastic at spelling out the features and the basics of making FM instruments. I wish I had a resource like this when I started off with VGM_MM. Thanks a ton for making it free! I hope it helps more people looking to work on this great platform.

Ditto ditto, the manual is worth a donation on it's own! Very good work

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Great work! Sent a email AJ, hoping everything worked OK.