Douglas, Wyoming
AuburnKitsune wrote:
Monotron wrote:

I might be moving to San Diego, anybody from California know how the scene is there?

All i can say is that most gigs are 21+ so that means i usually cant make it because of that
;________;  Pat!!!! We need to busk moreeee mannnnn.....

Bummer, maybe if there ends up being enough of us we can start up some all ages shows

Los Angeles, CA

The issue isn't people, it's a lack of all ages venues down there. I'm sure they exist, you just gotta know the right people and get more involved with the underground art / DIY scene.

east coast

theres always interest in NY, nullsleep played Webster hall like a week ago it was a good show

San Diego is kinda of a bummer, to be honest. The media here seems to be stuck in its "heyday" of garage rock/punk from the mid 90s. Pretty sure I'm the first to play a Commodore 64 live on the Casbah stage in 1998. I found that NoCal and AZ were the most embracing of our music. People here don't want just chiptunes, but if you incorporate it into something maybe with other live instruments you have a fighting chance.

IL, US

i wouldn't bet on that, given that lesser is from the san diego area and did this http://www.discogs.com/Brotha-P-Touch-L … ase/136416 (though that came out in 2002, not so sure if he was using the c64 in his earlier works)

I remember Lesser -- great talent. I don't recall him using a C64 on stage at that time, but who knows? The early Vinyl Communications releases were the shit.

IL, US

for sure, he's one of my biggest influences... haven't been lucky enough to see him do a solo set, but saw him perform with matmos about 9 years ago