A complete reworking of ilkae's first solo album.

This is some of my favorite material of all time. It shows an amazing amount of tracking skill as well as very complex and beautiful composition. The melodies and chord progressions remind me of Debussy and Ravel, but ilkae has a way of combining the melancholy with joy to make something that sounds like... well, it's awesome, anyway. There's also a weirdly nostalgic quality to the music, as though I am remembering a place I've never visited.

My words can't really do it justice, just listen!

stained glass piñata+

Last edited by zebra (Apr 1, 2010 3:54 pm)

James Zdrowski (aka IQTU) wrote an excellent piece about the original album on his blog:

http://jamesalex.tumblr.com/search/ilkae

montreal, qc

haha; no love.

☺☺☺

wow! much love! placid tones over glitchlicious breaks. LOVELY LOVELY downloaded

what did you use for composing?(if i may ask)

montreal, qc

OpenMPT (modplug tracker); pre-VST functionality.
(a.k.a. .wav files and hex. same as always)

Unsubscribe

I liked it!

PDX

Bought. Really nice. It is obvious how unique and mind-blowing it is, so I'll leave it at that.

montreal, qc

aw, thanks. i'm not exactly trying to drum up sales so much as just get the damn thing out there. it took months to reconstruct the album and to date it has only managed 200 downloads or so. it's a weird situation these days where releasing music for free gets you less exposure than throwing an arbitrary price tag on a collection of songs and letting the private bit torrent trackers go apeshit. (where, dun dun, it gets downloaded for free.)

Spokompton

Is the original available anywhere? I would love to compare and contrast.

Minneapolis

Oh yeah, I found this a while ago now. It is indeed excellent, and I'm proud to be one of those 200 people who downloaded. It's a great album, well worth the time it takes to download it and listen.

Riverside, CA

Wow, I remember buying your albums from CDBaby years ago.

Good stuff!

Huddersfield, UK

Bizarrely great. Lovely artwork + musiks.

Chicago IL

shit how did i miss this

Connecticut USA

: ] Love

Beauieeee! Purchasing :?

Nashville, Tennessee

had the time to give this a proper listen and wow, just surreally beautiful