Murcia, Spain

Maybe too simple and basic, but what about:
?

That's what I use for "on the road" 2xLSDJ.

Edit: Wrong image.

Last edited by DogTag (May 8, 2013 1:53 pm)

Unsubscribe

I was thinking about this but didnt find a lot of great stuff.

Good conversation:
http://www.fiddleforum.com/fiddleforum/ … xer/32107/

DogTag wrote:

Maybe too simple and basic, but what about:
?

That's what I use for "on the road" 2xLSDJ.

Edit: Wrong image.

That should work, but it might damage your gameboy, since you basically also put an input on the output of your gameboy.

Murcia, Spain

Aren't you basically mixing two signals with a common ground into a speaker/headphones? Why would it cause damage?

Cleveland, OH

That will cut volume when both are playing. It's not balanced at all and you will run into more trouble than its worth.

I think one of these chipshops (thursdaycustoms, kitsch-bent?) should design one of these and sell it as a kit or complete.  There seems to be interest in them.  I'd definitely buy one.

Well, spend all day working on a schematic.
With a tl072 won't work. 10k resistors gives you a really low volume, almost can't hear it.
And diodes won't work as well, which is strange, and I can't figure out why. Maybe my plugs are just crap.

Timbob wrote:

I don't know anything about designing electronics.  I can build things all day if I had a schematic but I can't design the schematic.  If someone designs it, I'd be down to assemble them for people.

onapokoya wrote:
Timbob wrote:

I don't know anything about designing electronics.  I can build things all day if I had a schematic but I can't design the schematic.  If someone designs it, I'd be down to assemble them for people.

I meant build... I think.
I tried to build that schematic that I posted in the OP. with the TL072 op-amp etc.
Didn't work.
Tried with just 10k resistors, without the op-amp. Sound was just really really soft.
Tried with diodes instead of resistors as Moosehead posted before, but no result.

Might just put together something with 1k resistors and call it a day.

Cleveland, OH

I was thinking about it actually. I'm sure I could design something useful!

Timbob wrote:

Why don't you build that little mint tin mixer that Alley Beach built?  Looks like it will do the job just find.

thursdaycustoms wrote:

I was thinking about it actually. I'm sure I could design something useful!

Totally do it mate!  Make it pocket sized and I will buy it as a kit or complete.

thursdaycustoms wrote:

That will cut volume when both are playing. It's not balanced at all and you will run into more trouble than its worth.

Yup, I've tried using a headphone splitter in reverse, it does weird things to your stereo and really just doesn't sound good.

That being said, if anyone gets a Stereo solution to this problem that's small and cheap, let me know and I'll pre-order one pronto. I don't have a mixer and I do a lot of 2xLSDJ work, so this would be a Godsend. THISMEANSYOUTHURSDAY (still using my Thursday-boy daily, VERY nice work smile)

Last edited by Zef (May 8, 2013 5:12 pm)

onapokoya wrote:
Timbob wrote:

Why don't you build that little mint tin mixer that Alley Beach built?  Looks like it will do the job just find.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm throwing together now tongue

I was probably thinking way to complicated.
Still, a small simple kit would be nice.
Maybe one you can build in to a gameboy, using its power, making it an active mixer that gives you an extra line-in on your gameboy.

Timbob wrote:

Still, a small simple kit would be nice.
Maybe one you can build in to a gameboy, using its power, making it an active mixer that gives you an extra line-in on your gameboy.

I used to think it would be cool to have one of those little C-Moy amps built into a DMG and have it run off the DMG power.  But I never researched that anymore than the thought.

WIP.
Well, it's something tongue
I'm now using 1K resistors. Sound is still quite soft, so I might switch to 680Ohms.
To top one still needs to be connected, I want to do a mono / stereo switch on that one.

Cleveland, OH
Zef wrote:
thursdaycustoms wrote:

Yup, I've tried using a headphone splitter in reverse, it does weird things to your stereo and really just doesn't sound good.

That being said, if anyone gets a Stereo solution to this problem that's small and cheap, let me know and I'll pre-order one pronto. I don't have a mixer and I do a lot of 2xLSDJ work, so this would be a Godsend. THISMEANSYOUTHURSDAY (still using my Thursday-boy daily, VERY nice work smile)

Awesome!
Yeah I'll see what I can come up with tonight if possible. I'd like it to have two stereo inputs with panning and one head phone output.
Should I do all jacks 1/8"? 1/4" would be more my style but 1/8" would obviously save space.