washington

i think i might make one!

Germany

hum... actually i wanted to use 10k pots because i wasnt able to hear any sound when testing with my phone (even though its VERY loud), but later i want to use it for prosounded gameboys and the like. should i rather use higher resistances then?

Finland
Bamboori wrote:

hum... actually i wanted to use 10k pots because i wasnt able to hear any sound when testing with my phone (even though its VERY loud), but later i want to use it for prosounded gameboys and the like. should i rather use higher resistances then?

Well. Higher resistance makes the sound weaker. So I think the general consensus regarding my attempt earlier is that you need to find a resistance value that works fine for what you expect to use it for? *shrug*

* Also my two Game Boys are prosounded and 2k ohm resistance still made the sound very, very weak.

Last edited by my.Explosion (Jun 16, 2013 9:06 pm)

clovis CA

when you mix them, are you feeding them into an amp? prosounds dont like to go straight to headphones wink

Finland
Alley Beach wrote:

when you mix them, are you feeding them into an amp? prosounds dont like to go straight to headphones wink

Shit... <.< Gonna have try with the headphone jacks then.

clovis CA

haha, no worries man smile share pics if you have them smile

Germany

yes, the inputs in my mixer go into an amp before going out tongue

Finland

I call it "Moxx". For whatever reason.

But uh, I tested it out with headphone jacks instead, and much to my expectation the sound was quieter than the prosound jack produces. I don't really know what to think of this. It seems to work kind of like it should? *shrug*
But to tell you the complete truth I may have overlooked that prosound detail regarding plugging headphones into it... ^^;

Last edited by my.Explosion (Jun 16, 2013 11:04 pm)

Brisbane, Australia
my.Explosion wrote:

But uh, I tested it out with headphone jacks instead, and much to my expectation the sound was quieter than the prosound jack produces. I don't really know what to think of this. It seems to work kind of like it should? *shrug*
But to tell you the complete truth I may have overlooked that prosound detail regarding plugging headphones into it... ^^;

Look up on youtube "Altoid Tin Headphone Amp" - try implementing that. That way you can have a potentiometer on the box which lets you control the volume. Will need a 9V battery or other power supply though.

clovis CA
jackary wrote:
my.Explosion wrote:

Look up on youtube "Altoid Tin Headphone Amp" - .

cmoy amp smile
http://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/

Last edited by Alley Beach (Jun 17, 2013 8:03 am)

Finland
jackary wrote:

Look up on youtube "Altoid Tin Headphone Amp" - try implementing that. That way you can have a potentiometer on the box which lets you control the volume. Will need a 9V battery or other power supply though.

OK. I'll look it up. The reason why I ditched the potentiometers is that I can't fit them inside that case sooooo... the potentiometers go on the next design. :3

@Alley Beach: that looks quite good, I'll look that over. smile

Thanks for the pointers, guys. smile

clovis CA

i actually used to build a ton of them. they're quite powerful and (to me) make a pair of $5 headphones sound like a pair of graddos smile
i made a pcb for them haha

Brooklyn, NY
Alley Beach wrote:

i actually used to build a ton of them. they're quite powerful and (to me) make a pair of $5 headphones sound like a pair of graddos smile
i made a pcb for them haha

OSH Park is the best.

Made myself a portable little passive mixer today,  I've got parts on the way to make a second one if anybody is interested...

Hi,
First post here. I was looking for something similar and was redirected here from another audio forum.
I have two audio sources:

1. Computer sound card
2. Custom Handsfree USb device

Both devices have 3.5 female jack.
the two sources are going to be used with one single amp (car amp)
The computer sound card is muted when sound is coming from the second device.
I need to make both devices use the same amp.
Can you make a 2 inputs passive mixer please?
I don't need to adjust volume with the mixer. volume is controlled via software on the computer.
Thanks.

sounds like you just want a switch rather than a mixer?